Chapter 8

Zero's POV

I caught her as she went unconscious and fell. Don't worry, (Y/n)...I won't leave you alone with that woman. I lay her down on her bed and sat there looking at her. Her facial expression was one of pain and fright.

For some reason, I wanted to take away her pain and fears. I wanted her to feel happiness. I leaned my head back against the chair and closed my eyes. *sigh* I thought I hated her, I thought that I would kill her along with her mother. But now...I didn't want that.

She looked so hurt and helpless that I couldn't help but feel for her. Damn it...why was I even thinking about this?! The door creaked open. I opened my eyes and turned around.

"You didn't leave yet?" Aido asked.
"I'm not leaving till she wakes up."
"Why is that? She's fine without you because I'm here," Aido replied.
"I am not leaving."
He smirked and said, "Do you have feelings for her? Or is it you want to kill her?"
"Shut up! She told me to stay, okay?! Deal with it." He just shrugged like he didn't care.
"Whatever, look after her well then or else you'll find yourself in a pitiful state," he warned and left the room. I slumped back in the chair. Suddenly, Aido came back inside.
"What?"
"Here, it's her medicine," he replied and threw it at me. I caught it before he left. I put it on her bedside table.

(Y/n)'s POV

~The next day~

I woke up to find Zero asleep in my chair. He actually took me seriously? I thought he would leave... I quietly got out of bed and went to get changed. When I came out, Zero was awake.

"Thanks for staying with me..."
"I guess you're welcome," he replied. I was about to go outside when he grabbed my hand.
"Are you gonna be okay?" he asked, a little worried although he tried to hide it.
"I'm going to be fine, don't worry about me."
"Is she gonna come again?"
"Probably not, just go back to the Day Dorms. I can handle this." I didn't want him to witness her torturing and I didn't want to bother him.
"Are you sure?" I nodded. He hesitantly left.
"But that doesn't mean I'm not coming back," he called out after jumping out the window.

I cracked a small smile. His eyes widened but he shrugged it off. Probably because it was the first time I've smiled at him, even if it was only a small smile. Aido came in and told me that he was holding a meeting.

I was curious so I followed him to the lounge room. Everyone was gathered there...except 'Maria'. Aido cleared his throat.

"Listen everyone, please don't treat Maria kindly - even though she is a new transfer student - until further notice," he announced.
"Why should we listen to you?" someone called out.
"Listen to what he says, she is not who you think she is." Everyone bowed.
"Yes, Lady (Y/n)."

I was so confused. Why would Aido go through all this trouble to just say this? Kaname was standing in a far corner. He motioned for me to talk to him. I nodded and followed him to his room.

"Is there something you wish to talk about?"
"About Maria, what are you planning to do?" he asked. I thought about it for a moment.
"I plan to kill her." I knew that Kaname wouldn't tell anyone.
"What are you going to do after?" he asked.
"I'm not sure, maybe stay here for a while longer considering it is my friend's wish."
"I see...don't worry, I won't tell anyone," he replied.
"Thank you."
"You may leave now."
"Alright, see you later." He smiled slightly. I went outside only to be knocked over by Aido.
"So what did you talk about?" he asked curiously.
"Talked about stuff." Ruka was standing next to him. She looked troubled.
"May I help you with anything?"
"Um... How is Kaname? He doesn't really talk to me that much nowadays..."
"He's fine, after all he is a pureblood." She looked sorta unconvinced. *sigh*
"Do you really want to talk to him?" She nodded.
"I'll ask for you."
"Really?! Thank you so much, Miss (Y/n)!"
"You're welcome." I knocked on the door.
"Come in," Kaname said. I opened the door.
"Sorry to bother, Kaname...but Ruka is really worried about you. Would you mind if she had some time to talk with you?"
"*sigh* It's fine, tell her to come in," he replied. I went outside and told Ruka to go inside.

~Some time later~

We had to go pass the Day Class students. I usually stayed at the back but Maria decided to walk next to me.

"Omg! Is that a new transfer student? She's so cute!" Maria 'accidentally' stepped on my toe.
"Oops, sorry. My bad," she apologised sarcastically.

I glared at her. She just giggled. Zero was staring at us...especially Maria, with eyes full of anger and hatred. She knocked the books from my hands.

"Oh, I'm so clumsy today. I'm sorry," she said, fake worrying. I picked them up.
"Drop dead." Most of the Night Class students were way ahead of us.
"Is that how you're supposed to be treating a new transfer student? How rude."
"Says the girl that is acting clumsy on purpose."
"Watch what you say."
"Why would I listen to someone like you?" The Day Class students had gathered around us.
"Back off, you little brat." I ignored her and continued walking.
"Hey! Why are you ignoring me?" she asked, pretending that I was the rude one.
"Leave her alone," Aido stated fiercely.
"Why should I? She was the one that started it," Maria replied.
"I will never believe what you say," Aido said.
"Suit yourself."

I glared at her, grabbed Aido's hand and walked off. She just giggled to herself. I glanced at Zero, he was staring at her with eyes full of anger and hatred...so much that if looks could kill, she would be dead by now. I sighed...I would someday end her life.