Chapter 4

(Y/n)'s POV

I was wearing a dark red dress that was off-shoulder. It had loose sleeves and the bottom of the dress looked like a blooming flower. The top was simple with a few jewels. I wore red heels and tied my hair in a loose bun. I put on matching diamond earrings and a necklace.

*sigh* Why couldn't I just live a normal life away from all this madness?... Someone knocked on my door. I went to get it.

"Yes?"
"I've come to take you to the party," Aido replied, smiling.

I took his hand, letting him lead me to the party. Everyone was already there. I stood quietly in the corner, just like a shadow.

"May I have this dance?" Cain asked while holding out his hand.
"Sure."

I took his hand. He led me to the dance floor. To be honest, I thought he was gonna ask Ruka. Maybe he did but she only wanted to dance with Kaname. When we finished, I curtsied while he bowed. That was when Yuki and Zero came.

"Yuki, come here," Kaname said.

She went over to where he was. She must've been feeling a little nervous being surrounded by vampires. Zero watched as she went up to him.

"Want some cake?" Ichijou asked. I nodded.
"Thanks."
"You're welcome. Everyone's mainly around Kaname even though it's my birthday. Thank you for staying," he replied.
"You're welcome."

I ate some of the cake. It was actually quite good. Luckily not many of the vampires here were clinging onto me. Not many people knew that Shizuka had a daughter.

"Why do you smell different from us?" a random vampire asked.
"I believe it is rude to ask people why they smell like what they smell like."
"Oh, forgive me. But you- nevermind."
"It's fine."

Zero glared at all of us. Why did he even come if he hated vampires? Probably because of Yuki. He caught me staring at him so I quickly looked away. I sensed that he was coming towards me. He grabbed my arm. *gasps from crowd*

"You would dare touch a pureblood's arm like that?" Aido asked while glaring at him.

Everyone's eyes widened. I heard whispers like 'she's a pureblood?' and 'wow, I thought she was just a lowlife nobody'.

"Everyone, just carry on with your business. Don't worry about me, it's probably nothing important." Zero dragged me away into the garden.
"What? And you had to cause such a scene when grabbing me out of the blue like that?" He completely ignored my question.
"Tell me about Shizuka Hio. I haven't been able to track her since that day," he said.
"Of course you haven't. She has been in hiding for all those years in fear of getting captured."
"Oh..."
"...I have a great dislike for her because of her 'loving' way of looking after her children. Oh and Ichiru has remained very loyal to her till this day, it's almost like he loves her. He helps her with tormenting me. She has a goal that she wants to achieve, though I'm not exactly sure what it is." His eyes widened. He held my shoulders.
"Where is she?" he asked with a desperate look in his eyes.
"I...don't know. I know I only left her a few days ago but she changes her location often. She might think that I've told someone about her like Toga-"
"Master?"
"Yeah, your master. I hate his guts but he was the one that helped me escape." Zero just looked away.
"Is that all you needed?"
"What...did she do to you?"
"Uh, oh look at the time. I really need to go." Before I could leave, he grabbed onto my hand.
"Why are you trying to avoid this subject?" he asked while staring into my soul.
"It's not something I like to talk about so please let me go."

He sighed and let me go. I turned around but someone lunged at me. The thing scratched me multiple times on my arms, which I used to defend myself. Then it jumped off. A level E... My wounds slowly healed. I used my power to kill it.

"Took long enough for a pureblood," Zero commented.
"Sorry if I don't drink human blood *sarcasm*."
"You don't?"
"Yeah, I don't like to. Last time I did was when she forced me to."
"Oh..." His eyes turned red.
"Go away," he commanded.
"Want blood? Here."

I held out my wrist. He tried to stop himself but grabbed my arm and pulled himself closer to me. Then he bit into my neck. I felt the blood leaving my body. When he was done, I wiped the blood that was still left dripping from my neck.

"Hope that helped. It should because I am her daughter after all." He wiped the blood from his mouth.
"What does that have to do with anything?" he asked.
"I thought you knew this... If you drink her blood, you won't turn into a level E."
"I would never drink her blood. My only wish is to perish along with her."
"Good luck with that."
"What makes you say that?"
"Well, you have Yuki to live for since she is the one you love-"
"Yuki has nothing to do with this," he stated while glaring at me.
"Suit yourself but it's painful without love of some sort."
"Then how did you survive?"
"You think I survived?-" I stopped myself from saying any more.
"Zero, (Y/n)!" Yuki called out.
"Oh, hi." She smiled cheerfully.
"Hi, sorry but you have to go back to your dorm," she replied.
"Okay, goodnight."
"Night. Say bye to her as well, Zero," Yuki said. "Tch, see you around."
"Alright, bye."
"Good to see you two are getting along well," Yuki exclaimed.
"Like hell I would get along with her," Zero replied while walking away. *sigh* I guess he will forever have that grudge against my family. I went back to the dorms.