Chapter 15

(Y/n)'s POV

Aido came. "Hey (Y/n)," he greeted.
"Hey, what brings you here?"
"I was bored so I came looking for you," he replied. Zero was just standing there awkwardly.
"How about we go to town? There's nothing better to do."
"Sure," Aido agreed happily.
"What about you, Zero?"
"Tch, fine," he replied, not exactly happy with the idea of Aido coming as well. We started walking there until I stopped.
"Is something wrong?" Aido asked. I pointed towards a tree.
"What?-"

I covered their mouths. Zero just bit into my hand and drank my blood. I glared at him. I started walking slowly towards the deer. I knelt down in front of it since it was only a baby. Where was its mother?

I held out my hand. Its nose came into contact with my hand after a few hesitant moments. I smiled. Aido was kicking a few stones around since he was used to me interacting with animals. But Zero was staring at me curiously.

"Would you like to pet her?" He got out of his trance.
"Huh? I'm fine-"
"You'll only get this one chance, you know?" Aido exclaimed then added, "I refused her when she asked me a few years ago. I was confident that I would get plenty of chances but they never came. I'm quite surprised that there's a chance now. I suggest you take it." Zero was shocked that Aido was giving him good advice.
"Thanks, I guess," Zero replied awkwardly.
"So I take that as a yes?"

He nodded. I grabbed his hand and gently reached out towards the baby deer. It came closer to Zero and nudged his hand.

"Why is it alone?" Zero asked.
"I think its mother was killed by hunters for food and/or money."
"Oh..."
"Aido, you missed that chance, didn't you? Would you like to look after her? She wouldn't survive without a parent." His eyes sparkled.
"Really?! You're asking me?! Of course I will," he replied happily. I smiled.
"Then I'll leave her in your care, we'll be heading off to town now. Please make sure she gets what she needs."
"Eh?! You expect me to be able to get close to her?!" he asked, annoyed.
"Well, you've seen me do it plenty of times. I thought you would've learnt something." He looked sorta nervous.
"Don't tell me you weren't paying any attention?..."
"Yeah..." he replied hesitantly. *sigh*
"Come here." He came over. I took his hand and did the same thing I did to Zero.
"Is this actually happening to me?" Aido asked, not able to believe what was happening. I nodded, smiling.
"I take it that you can look after her now?" He nodded happily.
"Well then, see you later."
"Bye (Y/n), have fun with Zero."

I motioned for Zero to come. Aido was having fun playing with the little deer. When we arrived in town, I asked Zero where he wanted to go.

"So you came all the way here without knowing what you were gonna do?" he asked, slightly annoyed.
"Yeah, got a problem with that?"
"I thought that the 'all-mighty' purebloods had everything planned," he replied.
"You actually think I've planned my life? What I did plan is to choose paths when I get to one. My only plan was to kill Shizuka. Now that that's accomplished, I have nothing to do/live for."
"Are you serious? I mean, Kaname seems like he used the Night Class as his pawns and they willingly obey him."
"That's just him, I have no intention of using others as my shield. I'll just go wherever life takes me."
"You're so carefree..."
"You think so? Well, I did just meet up with my father-"
"Your father?"
"Yeah, Rido Kuran." His eyes widened.
"What?"
"He plans to devour Yuki..."
"What?! Then that means..."
"What's happening?" Zero asked urgently. I immediately ran off.
"(Y/n)!"

He ran after me. I ran all the way back to the academy and stopped at the entrance. Zero almost bumped into me.

"Why did you stop in the middle of the path?" he asked, annoyed.
"Sorry, but don't follow me any further."
"Why?"
"You won't like what you see."
"I'm still going with you."
"Why?"
"What do you mean 'why'?"
"Why must you disobey me and follow me wherever I go?..."
"It's because..." He couldn't think of what to say.
"Zero, please stay unless you want to find out the ugly truth..."
"Like you said, I'll follow you wherever you go," he replied. I nodded hesitantly. He followed me to Kaname's room.
"Kaname?" He opened the door.
"Is Yuki alright?"
"She just needs some rest," he exclaimed. I could smell the scent of his blood. She must have drank some.
"May we please see her?"

He thought about it for a while then allowed us inside. Zero just stared at her in shock. Then his expression turned to one of hatred.

"Zero, I suggest you leave." He left without a second thought.
"Yuki?" She leapt into my arms.
"I'm sorry! I left you alone for all those years..." I smiled.
"It's not me you have to apologise to." We looked at Kaname.
"Oh, Kaname-senpai... I didn't mean to-"
"I know, enjoy this moment. It won't last long," Kaname said.
"What do you mean?" Yuki asked.
"You'll know soon enough." She smiled at me before her expression changed to one of worry.
"Is something bothering you?"
"What about Zero?..."
"He's going to be fine. I'll-"
"No, I want to see him myself."
"Very well."
"Thank you, (Y/n)."
"Well then, I'll be going now. See you around, Lady Yuki." She laughed.
"It should be the other way around, Lady (Y/n)." I just smiled. She just giggled and waved.
"Goodbye Yuki." I went to Rido's room. He was back in his normal body but he was alone.
"Father?" He looked up and smiled at me. I ran up and hugged him.
"I missed you."
"I missed you too, my little pureblood princess."