Adrien's Backstory - A Dangerous Mutant

Traits

Traits. Superpowers. Abilities. Powers. Abnormality's. Primality's.

No matter what name you wanted to call them, their presence in society was abundantly clear, no matter where on the planet you lived. No one was sure how the Human race suddenly begun to develop the superpowers that now defined them, but it was thought to be the defining moment in history on Earth.

Across the world, people were gifted with superpowers that were known commonly, and officially, as Traits. Each person had one that made them unique against every other person on the planet. Some of them were brutal and combat focused, like the power to generate fire, whereas some were far more humble, like the ability to simply fly. Seeing people with horns, claws, wings, additional limbs, tails, even unique skin colours, now was commonplace, and the entire population having superpowers was just normal.

And from this development, came the Heroes that became the face of society.

Heroes were the people who used the powers they had to protect the ones who have weaker abilities, to protect those who couldn't defend themselves, to fight and uphold the law, and to maintain justice wherever it was needed. Across the globe, admiration for these Heroes was paramount, and thanks to them, there hadn't been a single war since the Great Trait was that ended in 1932. The world had enjoyed nearly a century of peace.

But that wasn't so say violence was non-existent.

And so Heroes remained. And to better prepare the younger generations, those who aspired to become Heroes, schools were set up in order to teach them, the ethics, the codes, the morals, to train them, to teach them how to better use their powers.

Collège Françoise Dupont was one such school, dedicated to the teachings of Heroes. Ranked third in the globe for producing the strongest Heroes and having the best equipment available, the school always saw some of the best candidates for Heroism the world had ever seen.

Two of which were Marinette Dupain Cheng, and Adrien Agreste.

One of the earliest memories Adrien ever had was the activation of his Trait.

It was a day he remembered very clearly. Like any other Trait activation, Adrien's ability activated before his sixth birthday. Specifically for the young child, he was four at the time of his activation. He had been playing outside with his mother, on a warm, sunny August morning. Adrien had been insistent on playing football, and having his mother being the goalie. While he wasn't ever a particular fan of sports, he loved the praise his mother gave him whenever he scored a goal. His mother was a gentle woman, and Adrien had inherited her golden blonde hair, and her emerald green eyes. She had a kind heart, and a soft face, with lightly tanned white skin. Despite her unaccommodating figure, she was rather athletic. Occasionally, his father would come and join in with their game, if he didn't have work he had to do.

This wasn't one of those days though, and Adrien and his mother were left to play the game themselves. Neither of them held it against Gabriel. He worked very hard for the two of them, so they could have easier lives.