Group Of Traitors

There wasn't a memory recently that Adrien could call correlate with his current happiness right now. He was genuinely happier than he had ever been before, and it showed very clearly to anyone who saw him. After he had seen a Trait doctor once again to have his burns treated and removed, he had made his way to classes, and his sunny disposition was evident to Nino the second he walked through the door.

"I guess you must be feeling better then, huh?" The Hydrokinetic asked, lightly tapping his friends shoulder once he sat next to him.

"Absolutely!" Adrien beamed. Just looking at him, he seemed to almost glow with how he smiled. He was so visually peppy and cheerful, if you as little as looked vaguely in his direction, you'd have to smile yourself. His merry walk and all was infectious, easing up the people around him.

"Glad to hear it, buddy." Nino nodded, handing Adrien a small stack of papers. "Here's my notes. You're gonna want to copy them quickly."

"What'd I miss?"

"Appliances of Traits, Heroic duties, that sort of thing."

"This shouldn't be too bad then." Adrien commented, opening the notes. He already had a very good understanding of this sort of subject. Inside was a long list of heavily detailed, highly complicated notes, which made Adrien pause for a second. Nino had a habit of over-simplifying any notes that he made about class work, so if this was his version of things being simple, he could only imagine the true complexity of things that he had missed. But that was to be expected, after all. The finals were just a day away. Really, it had been a bad move for Adrien to leave, but he wouldn't have been able to focus with him being the way he was yesterday anyway.

Finals entailed a series of trials that they would have to endure, but no one ever knew what exactly these trails would be, as they reportedly changed every year, so getting information on them was impossible. They only way to prepare was to study, trait, and be damn good at fighting.

"You think you're ready for the exams tomorrow?" Nino asked, visually rather nervous, and it was very understandable. This had been what the last year of their lives had been leading up until. Anyone who claimed not to be nervous was a complete liar.

Adrien nodded. "I think I've got this down. Well, I'm sure I've got the physical applications down. It's the writing aspect I'm a bit worried about." While he knew plenty about fighting and how to use a Trait with skill and versatility, he knew very little about the theory and applications of Heroics. He knew enough, but enough wasn't going to cut it in this exam. He needed to know plenty more. There was no limit on how much everyone needed to know in order to pass this examination.

"The amount of time you spend in a gym dude, I'm not surprised." His friend sarcastically commented, before handing him one of his books. In it, was a selection of diagrams entailing the steps a Hero should take in a hostage situation depending on the kind of Trait that they had. "We're mostly left to study on our own today too. So, I guess we've got to work on our academia."

Able to overhear their entire conversation from their seat just above Adrien and Nino, Alya quickly came up with yet another one of her many plans to force Marinette into a social interaction with Adrien - Whether she approved of them or not. Wasn't that what a good friend was for?

It also helped that Alya found doing this extremely funny.

She took a quick glance at Marinette, who already knew that Alya was going to go through with one of her plans as usual, and gave her a mildly pained, embarrassed look. "Please don't."

"Hey, you two - "

Marinette buried her face in her hands, covering her pre-emptively red cheeks. "Oh God."