Villainous Intentions

If there was one thing in this world that Adrien was prepared to throw all of his personal feelings and beliefs aside for, it was his desire to protect the people who he cared about. His desire not to hurt or kill anyone, his longing for redemption for what he'd done to his mother, and everything in between... These were the things that rove him in life, the things that gave his existence meaning. The existence that he barely had any right to anymore. His goal of redeeming himself was the only thing that he really lived for.

It was this that made his very existence bleak. Dark, as Shinuya had put it. There were days that Adrien felt he had no right to exist because of all the pain that he'd caused. His own vindictive beliefs said that he shouldn't attempt to be a Hero in any respect. It wasn't right. Not for someone like him. Someone who only had caused pain for many people his entire life. What right did he have to being a Hero? What right?

He didn't. When it came down to it, he didn't have any real right... But he kept trying.

And he would always live by his code. He wouldn't kill. He would cause as little pain as possible. And he would always do whatever it took to keep his friends as safe as possible, even if they would up hating him for it.

These were his driving forces to survive in this Superhuman world.

But if his friends came into danger?

Then every single one of those codes and personal feelings went out the window.

"Get away from them!" He shouted at the top of his lungs, launching himself like a canon with his Teleporting powers, targeting the side of the head of a Villain whom looked like he had skin that was mode of a wooden substance. That very same substance seemed to give his target a protective layer, which meant that his attack did less than the desirable level of damage.

In retaliation, Adrien Teleported to the side of his target, and tried to assess the damage that he had done. Very little, the wood skin acting as some sort of absorber meant that there was nearly no sign of any impact from the strikes. It was almost like the attack hadn't done anything to the Villain. Like he'd just taken it and negated the impact.

Throwing a back fist strike of his own, the Villain lashed out towards the young teenager. He was now distracted from his friends, whom he'd been attempting to outflank while they dealt with a group of their own. When Adrien had seen this, he'd sprang into action, headfirst and all alone, with no consideration for his own safety. After all, his well being was totally irrelevant. And at any rate, he was more than capable of taking on someone like this Villain. A Contact – Type, like himself, wasn't going to be much of an issue.

Not with Destruction at the ready. It was situations like this that made Adrien grateful for his Dual Trait mutation.

Particularly when it came to this sort of Trait – It was a transformation type. The user seemed to be able to turn their skin into wood, and that was their Trait. It wasn't an uncommon type of Trait, so its weakness was common knowledge – These sorts of powers acted a lot like armour, which mean they would also split if stretched too far. And wood was probably the best case scenario for Adrien in this situation.

It would be very easy to break. Like steel or rock. And doing so would leave his target vulnerable.

Another attempted strike, and the Hero-in-Training made his move, Teleporting above the Wood-skinned Villain, and slamming down into his face with his charcoal black hand, the side effects of the activation of Destruction. At first, there wasn't any reaction at all, as the wood began to decay off the targets body slowly, tiny splinters and pieces of bark just falling from the male attacker's body. Until suddenly, a loud scream was heard.