Because Of Boredom

"Urgh..."

"Adrien, you okay, man?"

Laying face first on top of a building just outside of the Berge de la Prairie, Adrien lacked any sort of energy in his system. Teleporting as constantly as he had been, carrying Kim and Max along for the ride had been a forced march through Hell. He thanked God for Alya and Alix's Traits. Using Broadband, Alya was able to Teleport to Kim's phone by keeping the two in a phone call, so she never lagged behind, and this saved Adrien strain, and Alix was just quick. She could easily keep up by using High Speed. That left Kim and Max being the only two who needed help moving from place to place.

As it turned out, Kim was surprisingly heavy, despite his slim build. Perhaps it was to do with his Lava Trait, or maybe it was to do with the costume he was sporting.

Each one of the students had changed into their Hero Costume attires, all designed to boost their powers effectiveness, acting as sort of contraptions to add to certain aspects of their powers. Kim's, for example, possessed a large storage tank on his left forearm, that funneled wires and hollow pipes to a container also located on his back. Each of them was made of metal Tungsten, making them incredibly heavy, not that it seemed to bother Kim too much. A small glass window on the side that showed just how much lava was stored in the container. Along with this, he wore an orange jumpsuit with red gradients around his shoulders. His right forearm was left bare, alone to allow him the access to his Lava, varying in type from Rhyolite to Basalt. Anything contained within his storage tanks was Rhyolite, due to it being the lowest in temperature.

The jumpsuit was incredibly absorbent, channeling any Lava secreted by Kim and allowing the various tubes and pipes to send it directly to the storage tanks, where it would build up. By activating a seal on the costume, Kim was capable of firing off large blobs of concentrated, or just hugely destructive conglomerations, of his deadly secretion Trait. He didn't bother wearing a mask, since it would most likely just get burned off whenever he sweated lava.

Gasping, Adrien took a few deep breaths. The weight limit that Adrien had was easily surpassed thanks to all that metal Tungsten and perhaps a gallon or two of lava swirling around inside the canisters, without question. He struggled to answer for a few moments, before forcing out some strained words. "I'm... I'm... I'm okay, Alya... Th- Thanks..."

"Meathead too much for you?" Alix asked, crouching down to better get a look at Adrien and giving his face-down body a cocky grin, brushing a stray strand of her pink hair away from her eyes.

"Hothead." Kim corrected, reminding her of his chosen Hero name.

"Whatever." The High Speed Trait user brushed aside, before grabbing Adrien by the shoulders and dragging him upright, so he would stop face planting the floor. "Get up, Agreste, we've got a job to do. You're the one leading this little rescue operation, remember?"

Unlike Kim, Alix's costume wasn't designed asymmetrically, nor was it designed to boost her Traits power. Simply put, it was all designed to be done in a defensive capacity. Since controlling turning was a difficult thing to do for Alix, and combining that her power really did leave only a small amount of room for combat, Alix had designed a costume that took advantage of lightweight Kevlar packed all around her body, which lessened the impact of her running into walls and getting hit by objects, overall improving her chances of survival in a fight. A side effect was that it was also bullet resistant, due to being made of said material. This material was a dark grey, but was brightened up by pockets of green streaks that covered the fabric, and also gave her afterimages a green line as she dashed along. She also wore a thick helmet with a see through visor, designed to defend her from concussions.

All in all, it was impressive that she was able to keep using her powers with the outfit on. It spoke volumes of her physical capabilities, in retrospect. Her being able to pick up Adrien just added to that further.