Origin's of An Unlikely Hero

In the year that had passed since they had enrolled at Collège Françoise Dupont, or the CFD as many of the students came to call it, both Adrien and Marinette had been putting everything that they had. The first year for students had been General Studies, things that every single student in the country was set to know. The difference for people who took a Hero course, Valor course, Elite course, or any other course related to Heroics, this had to be crammed into a single year, whereas others would have four or five years. It had been tough work, but every student in their class had managed to do it. Determination and dedication were all a singular trait everyone shared, all aiming to be the very best that they could be.

Every Trait was unique, but the Hero course had some incredible people within it, and some incredible Traits to match. Many of them hadn't even used their Traits yet throughout their school life, which was frustrating to some. They had wanted to finish their General Studies as quickly as possible, but it had taken the entire year. The returning week of their second year was for everyone to get back to the routine, and to prepare for the end of week test they would have to complete. By the end of the week, once the final tests of the year were done and marked, they would go straight into the Heroic aspects of the course - Something everyone in the class was longing for.

The group had two teachers who taught them throughout their general studies sessions, although there was a universally preferred teacher regarding this. Miss Caline Bustier was the class favorite, due to her kindness and helpfulness towards her students, and her understanding of their frustration regarding the slow progress through General Studies. Her Trait was Angel Wings - From her back, she had two very large, and very beautiful, wings that resembled those of an angels. They were strong enough, despite their smaller size, to give her flight and aerodynamic capabilities. Her body was also adapted to deal with the requirements for flight. A downside was that they were prone to breaking if too much for was applied, and could take a long time to recover. Along with this, her bones were far more lightweight than most other Humans, meaning that her bones are fragile, and prone to breaking. Her wings were also huge, spanning up to a good fifteen meters from wingtip to wingtip when fully extended.

Then there was Ms. Mendeleiev. No one seemed to particularly care for her a great deal. She was strict, sharp tongued, and completely indifferent to the irritation of her pupils, demanding that they do the work, regardless of how tedious it was. Many students did as they were told however, thanks to her Trait - Paralysis. Willing it, and keeping her eyes on a certain individual for no more than five seconds, she could cause every single muscle in a person's body to freeze, making them totally immobile. She never hesitated to use it on unruly students.

One thing both their teachers had in common, however, were incredible Traits, but at the same time, totally mundane. Causing an opponent to halt in their tracks, and have wings, these were Traits that existed in many places, some of them far superior to their teachers. A famous case with wings, for example, was a Hero who had metallic wings, that were razor sharp, and yet, here was Miss Bustier, teaching, instead of that Hero. It was just another reminder, the person behind the Trait could make all the difference. A perfect fighter, a perfect Hero, could use whatever they had to hand to fight in the name of justice.

As the second year approached, and the General Studies were finally coming to an end, a test had been prepared for the students. This test assessed not only their skill at General Knowledge, but would help assess them for next year. Those who failed the course were dropped. Harsh credentials such as this helped the school focus on training the most promising students. The test would include not only written knowledge, but physical ability also. Many students struggled as the end of year came around.

Adrien Agreste however, wasn't one of them.

His issue was he was too helpful.