Defending A Precious Secret

Three weeks down the line, and Marinette had been practicing her Conversion Traits ability to alter the physical properties of atomic structure, for hours upon hours at a time. Everyday had been the same for her for the last twenty-one days. She would go to her school, she would learn, study, go to Enrichment classes the days they were on, and then she would come home, and use the chunk of diamond that she had copied form her mother's diamond form to try to change it into coal. She would try as hard as she could, for hours and hours on end, before she couldn't try anymore. Each night often saw her room cluttered with a thousand tiny, or large, diamonds from the failed attempts.

But try as she might, she couldn't figure out how her ability to change the atoms directly worked. All that ever happened was that she would just duplicate them, even when that hadn't been the thing she had wanted to do. It ceased making sense to the blue haired girl, who just growled in frustration whenever it happened.

"Rrrrgh...." She groaned, and tugged at her hair in disgruntlement. How was she this bad with her own powers?...

Every few nights, she would go and meet up with Chat Noir, and the two of them would go over various plans and discuss what they felt they needed to do throughout the week. Patrolling was a dangerous task for them, since any patrolling Heroes would attack them on sight. Even meeting up proved to be a dangerous thing that they did, since anyone who saw them now knew exactly who they were.

Sometimes they would find something petty, like a mugging or a shoplifter that they would traditionally easily defeat, and then leave them in an area the Heroes and police would be unable to miss them at. As it turned out, the Heroes tended to take out the most dangerous of criminals themselves which was to be expected. It was their self-appointed jobs, after all, the role that they had chosen to lead throughout their lives. That left only the weaker criminals, with the weaker Traits and abilities, committing the smaller crimes that a lot of Heroes would overlook in favor of bigger, potentially disastrous events.

Perhaps then, the fact that Ladybug and Chat Noir were actually starting to receive some support on the Parisian streets wasn't unexpected then. As they saved more people, and took out more and lower key criminals that the official Heroes either simply didn't notice, couldn't be there, or had to ignore, some people, although they would never, ever say it out loud, become more and more willing to simply just ignore a sighting of the two Vigilantes. Support of Vigilantism was almost never accepted. But if you simply ignored it, or forgot to report it...

It was the closest their secret supporters would be able to do.

Mairnette sighed once again. It had been two hours since she had gotten home, and not a single thing had changed in regards to her Conversion Trait. She still wasn't able to utilize her powers to their absolute maximum. She just... Couldn't do it.

With a tired eye, she looked around her desk, noticing all the hundreds of thousands of tiny diamonds that cluttered her desk, and dropped onto the floor all around it. Luckily, she had learned her lesson the first time, and since then, in order to avoid searching for the ones that scattered throughout the entire room for the next six hours, Marinette had created a capture fabric that caught the diamonds as they fell. When they hit the floor, they handed on this, and all rolled into the center, making them far easier to collect up at once.

She decided that she was finished for the day, clicking all her fingers at once as she stretched. Opening one eye to glance at her desk, she saw her digital clock informing her that it was 17:00. Looking at the piles of diamonds in her captured net, and on her desk, she decided that they needed to be properly disposed of, before it got too dark to do so today. Knocking the ones on her desk into her growing mountain of precious rocks on the floor, she allowed them to be captured and added to the collection in the middle. She then tied them all up, and dragged the makeshift bag outside.