3: Their Past

Hiyori: miyuki-san, can you tell me about yato and yomi?

Miyuki: miyuki is fine.

Yato comes in " if you're curious, you should ask me."

Hiyori: yato...

Yukine: yato... was she your lover after you die?

Flashback ~

It was when before we died...

She was already known for fixing problems for people. She didn't really resort to killing people very often. But she still did when needed so. She knew how to fight then too.

At that time... she was also this small. Like a doll... that was everyone's nickname for her. And me... I was just a killer who was good at his technique. I did it under my clan's instructions.

Her request from her client was, kill yato.

Hiyori: kill you?!!!

Yukine: why did she want to kill you?

Miyuki: at that time, was yato and yomi already alike?

You won't believe even if I tell you. She was like me. She had a bloodlust. We fought. Every stab was aiming for the fatal spot while dodging my swings. She was quite agile.

Miyuki: who won?

Yukine: ale? Miyuki. You don't know about this either?

Miyuki: no.

Nobody. We just stood there panting with a smile on our faces.

Yato: you could have killed me with a few more assassins throwing their kunais at me while fighting me.

Yomi: my request is to kill you. But if I can not kill you. I think that's better.

Yato: .... what are you talking about?

Yomi: I'm a fixer. I don't want to turn into a killer... even though I like it. I've enough guilt and hate on me already.

" I see." And I dropped my blade for the first time in a fight. She dropped hers too " neh. Want to be my side?"

Yato: what do you mean?

She was meaning me to be her bodyguard. Though I was beside her in the name of her guest.

She couldn't grow. She will age. She will die. But she can't grow. She was injected an experiment liquid when she was young being bred as an assassin. It slowed down her growing process.

She only became the fixer when she took over her sensei and took over the entire assassin organisation.

The one promise we made when we were still humans... " we'll be together forever."

End of flashback ~

Yato looks into the sky and sighs " I wonder what happened to her..."