11: The Truth

Yato: alright. Spill everything.

Yomi: hai. From where?

Yato: from me forgetting you.

Yato: I used miyuki to cut most of our ties. You will forget most of me.

Yukine: gods can do that to each other too?

Yato: never heard of it.

Yomi: it's not possible. But I can. I used seals to make those ties invisible. So your memories are blocked. Until I made them visible again that day.

Hiyori: why?

Yomi: I was caught. I had to use the last power I had in me to make you forget... but not forget all of me. So you won't be dragged down by me.

Yato: and when you were caught?

Yomi: the omnyoji who had his mask own invited me to see something. He said he found out something no gods ever saw.

Yato: seriously? You're so easily tricked?!! So much for himitsugami.

Yomi: that's because it was a ayakashi that became a shinki!! He said he saw it with his own eyes!! I had to confirm it... I really thought it's possible... in theory... I'm not the only himitsugami you know...

Yato flicks her forehead" baka!!! Then why didn't you bring miyuki or rai?"

Yomi: it hurts!!! I... didn't think I need it... miyuki was out buying ice cream... rai went on a holiday like always...

Yato anime strangles her " you baka!!! How did you even become a god?!!"

Hiyori,yukine and miyuki sweatdrop " you are the same. Buying fake merchandise."

Yomi: miyuki~~ save me~~

Miyuki looks away " I don't know."

Yukine gives a thumbs up " good decision."

Yomi: you traitor!!!

Yato: the curse?

Yomi: they tried to turn me, a god, into an ayakashi. Attacked me with ayakashi and making me almost die with blight. And then healing me again with water. That went of days... years...

Hiyori: that sounds... horrible.

Yomi: then they decided to plant a curse in me. Using an ayakashi. They forced the ayakashi to be placed in my body. As small as a worm, they forced me to swallow it. That's when it multiplied... and tried to take over my body systems. They now control me with the curse on the ayakashi in me...

Yato: what?!! So the ayakashi is fused with you?!!

Yomi nods" that ayakashi survives by eating me. When it's not enough, it craves for more energy. I could only replenish it with ayakashi's core energy before it disappears."

He pulls her arm and hugs her cupping her head " baka. It's time like these you should let me know. So I can protect you."

Yomi: I... didn't... want to...

Yato: trouble me? Baka.

Yomi: eat you.

Hiyori: eat?!!

Yukine: what do you mean?!!

Yomi: it eats anything that has energy. If it goes out of control ... for now I'm restraining it with my will... I also made a seal on me.

She lifts up her hair , showing her neck and shows her gunshot wound " this seal can only modify the curse. They can only use it within close range."

Yato: a curse you can't handle. This curse must be strong.

Yomi: I hear hundreds of voices every day. They used spirits to strengthen the curse. gods,shinki, ayakashi, conjurers, omnyoji. Only gathered spirits are the strongest. Especially those with bad intent about to turn into ayakashi.

Hiyori: that's cruel.

Yomi : daijobu. I won't die so easily. At most...

Yato: don't say reborn that easily. I won't let it happen.

Miyuki: there's no reborn for himitsugamis.

Yukine: no reborn? What are you talking about? She is quite popular right?

Miyuki: no. Himitsugamis are different from other gods.

Yomi: urusei miyuki. Don't say it.

Yato: Yomi!!

Miyuki: they hold the power to create seals. It's almost like the power to do anything. That's why when a himitsugami does a crime, himitsugami will be killed to death with no reborn. It's the ultimate punishment. That's why there's no reborn. If a himitsugami dies, it is assumed the himitsugami deserved it. After all, himitsugamis hold quite a great power.

Yato: you never told me that before!!

Yomi: like I said. At most I die. I'll still be remembered by you guys. Yomi is happy already.

Yato: I'm not going to let you die so easily.

Yomi:... yato...