6: Rai

" oh oh. Isn't this a nice lady?"

Hiyori was sitting by the stairs in her soul form again " eh?!! You can see me?!!"

" You must be hiyori. I'm rai. Shinki."

Hiyori: oh... rai. Yomi's shinki?

Rai: bingo!!

Hiyori: how did you know I'm hiyori?

Rai: I did see you when you were a baby. And kind of spied on you a little.

Hiyori sweatdrops "oh..."

Rai sits down beside her " what's bothering our hiyori?"

Hiyori: shinki... is it that hard to be?

Rai: ah... that. Well everyone has different thoughts. What happened to bishamon is a good example. That's why yomi is very careful.

Hiyori: actually... what kind of a god is yomi?

Rai: a god that protects desires. Mostly nothing to do with fortunes that is. *Smiles*

Hiyori: protects desires? I thought she kept secrets.

Rai: she does. But you asked me what's her personality.

Hiyori: oh...

Rai: there's one question she will ask every spirit she sees.

Hiyori: that is?

Rai: do you want to live? So much that even if the entire world you know of will forget you and never see you. Only I can see you.

Hiyori: then... what did you answer?

Rai: hai. I want to live. I want to kill those bastards who killed me.

Hiyori: .... rai-san.

Rai: rai is fine. And she completed my request after she made me her shinki.

Hiyori: wait!!! She really killed humans? Alive humans?

Rai nods " she did. Using me. "

Hiyori: what?!!

Rai: you'll be wrong to think she's a good god. Unlike yato who has a clear cut conscience, she does as her request is needed. Sometimes to her selfish use. Do you know of the past yato?

Hiyori shakes her head " no."

Rai: he kills ayakashi, humans everything once money is paid. But he has one difference from yomi.

" And that difference sets them apart differently." Miyuki brings the tray of cookies and sets it down.

Hiyori: miyuki.

Miyuki: yato is the light in darkness. And yomi... is the darkness. Yato will grant your wish to kill someone.She'll grant every dark desire. Yato will do it because they probably deserve it. She will do it because, that's what her title means. Himitsugami.

Hiyori: so she is a bad person?

Rai: you seem to have hesitation on that.

Miyuki hits rai with a tray " don't say that!! She is a bad person."

Rai: but every bad desire has its own reason. And that reason probably calls for a bad retribution don't you think?

Hiyori: rai...

" Well... think about the question you have to answer when you die. " He stands up and heads in.

Hiyori: how did you know?!! You weren't even here.

Rai: it's the only reason why yomi would let a woman who would be a love rival stay inside her temple desho?

Hiyori: lo...love rival?!! *Blush* it's not like that!!!

Rai: don't fake it!! (Voice gets further) Yomi would never let another woman who's not a shinki stay in the temple. She would ( voice gets further) have to be an old woman.

Hiyori: eh?!!! Then won't I get in trouble?!! I mean Yomi is... yomi is... she'll kill me right?!!

Miyuki throws the tray and it hits rai's head " don't listen to him. Yomi won't do anything to you."

Rai: that hurts!!! Bitch!!

Hiyori: ja... miyuki. Do you want me to be a shinki?

Miyuki: no. I don't. You don't have what it takes to handle the darkness in yomi. Your eyes are still pure. Just like yukine's. Neh~~