47: Inheritance

The earth shakes and everyone left their shrines to check what was going on.

Veena: what's going on?!!

Kazuma: erm...it seems like a vent.

Veena: a vent?!! That big?!! Doesn't seem like something kofuku would do.

Kazuma: looking closer... it has barriers around it... but ayakashi are coming out from the barriers.

Veena: seems like the barriers are to keep things from going in, not things from coming out.

Hikari teleported to veena's shrine " bishamonten, what is happening?"

Veena: I'm not very sure myself. But it's not good.

Hikari: that's not what I'm asking!! Of course I know it doesn't seem good!! I'm asking what did yomi do?!!

Veena: she didn't tell me anything.

Kyoya: so this does have things to do with mama. *Clenches fist* rai. What do you know?

Rai: .... kyoya...

Kyoya: say!!!! All of you hiding things from me!!!

Veena: yomi went to sousei's side. Sousei is her nii-san, we all thought she had a grasp of what's going on. When it came to worse, she would be the one to stop it.

Kazuma: or at least we hoped.

Kyoya: ja, all of you turned a blind eye to the bad things my mama did?

Kazuma: we believed it was to gain sousei's trust. Yomi always seem to had a plan so...

Hikari: I didn't. I tried to stop her every single time.

Veena: it's my fault. Gomenasai.

Kyoya : ja. I'll clear this mess. I'm yomi's daughter. I have the right to take her power as himitsugami away right?

Hikari: you mean inherit?

Kazuma: kyoya...

Veena: are you sure?

Kyoya: hai. My mama doesn't deserve those powers as himitsugami anymore. I will take over her and clean this mess.

Hikari: hmph. At least for now you're better.

Kyoya: how do I do that? Inherit.
_________________________________

Yato: what?!!

Yukine: this timing?!!

Reina: hai.

Fukoku: tanumimasu  (I beg of you)

Yato: where was she sent to?!!

Lo: we don't know. We couldn't follow sousei or she'll be killed.

That's when meiko runs in panting " I.... I know!!"

Yato: meiko!!

Flashback ~

Yomi says softly " meiki." And slipped the small blade into her shoes.

End of flashback ~

Meiko: she was being dumped into the underworld after she released me into human form and let me come back.
_________________________________

Yato: that's why... open up a vent for me kofuku!!

Kofuku: what?!! That's bad!! Um!! I'll open one right now for you.
_________________________________

Hikari: you just have to say that line.

Kyoya takes a deep breath in. Keiji grabs onto her arm " is it really ok to do this?"

Kyoya: I have to.

He lets go " alright..."

Kyoya: I have every right and bloodline to inherit the power of the himitsugami. I am the predecessor, I will inherit from yomi.

Seals covered her entire body and she felt power flowing through...
_________________________________

Yato pov:

Suddenly my eyes go black... then a familiar flashback... came on...

I was lying on the grass beside her as wind blew by and her eyes closed to fall asleep. I kissed onto her forehead and she woke up " stop staring at me."

Yato: promise me, you'll be my weapon.

Yomi: you already have yukine. Don't be greedy. Two blades is enough for you isn't it? You don't need one more.

Yato: it's so that I can summon you anytime I want.

Yomi: greedy!!! Fine!! I promise. Hehe.

That flashback... that image... it broke. Why? Did yomi not exist anymore? What's going on?!!

Kofuku and daikoku stand in front of me calling out my name " yato. Yato!!"

Yato: what? What just happened? Did yomi not exist anymore?

Daikoku: what are you talking about?

What.... she doesn't anymore...?

Daikoku: of course she does!!

I give a breath of relief... then what was that cracked flashback... image mean?

Kofuku: yato-chan. What happened?

Yato: it cracked. The flashback, image... it cracked...

Reina: what flashback?

Yato: about a promise she made to me.

Fukoku: .... could it be? The promise is being broken. Completely broken, it has no effect. Like you said, the promise does not exist anymore.

Yato: why will that happen?

Lo: it means yomi doesn't exist anymore, but if she still does... that means... what makes yomi able to make that promise...

Meiko: as a himitsugami. She's no longer himitsugami.

Yukine: if she's not... then who...?

Yato: kyoya. She can inherit it. That girl!!! Now it's going to be hard to find yomi!!

Hiyori: calm down. You need to go down and find yomi first.

" Um. Sekki." He held onto yukine ad two blades and went down the vent.