24: Another Himitsugami

A car runs down a mother and a child as they crossed the road. A teenage jumps in joy as he claps his hands " oh... this time it's really serious. Like all mothers should do, she protected her child with her body." And... hiyori was right beside this teenager , she looks to him in horror " what... are you...talking about?!!"

" what I am talking about? Don't you understand japanese?"

hiyori: they are dead!!!

He smiles " I know." an innocent smile like he didn't understand what was happening. No, he understood what was happening. He just wasn't affected by it. Why? Then this teenager open his mouth " I ordered it."

hiyori retreats back in her steps " what are... you?"

" hm? You mean yomi never told you about me? You are becoming her shinki. Hai?"

hiyori: what...?

He lifts her legs up and carry her " I shall be the prince and you shall be the princess in the next one hour excluding the time we will be travelling to this particular place where I need to fulfill my next request."

hiyori: put me down!! Put me down!!

_________________________________

They were seated in a cafe ...

" you sure you don't want anything?"

hiyori: I am fine.

" you don't have to get so defensive." he smiles " no one can save you now."

hioyri puts her guard her up " what are you talking about?"

" you see." he takes out his specs and puts it on the table " this is a blessed tool. Or maybe cursed. Whatever you humans like to name it. I am invisible to the crows of yomi within a certain range of this specs. And... hiyori-chan. You like rai don't you?"

hiyori: what are you talking about?!!!

" I saw all of it. With this specs. Just like yomi's red eye."

hiyori: what...are you...?

" kage. Himitsugami desu. 5,4,3,2,1" and ...

hiyori: what...? what?!! what is going to happen?!!!

kage: be a little patient. This one is a little delayed.

Just then a van drives into the cafe they were in and this moment... kage pushed hiyori into the van's direction. Hiyori flies and hits the wall... a barrier was being put around hiyori's physical body and her spirit came out " what...."

kage: I knew it.

The van stops in its track as it crashes into hiyori's barrier around her body. The impact of the van on the barrier makes the van jerks . The  driver flies out with body half out of the screen.

kage: eh. Not grotesque enough. 4/10.

hiyori: what is... going... on? You did this?!!!

kage: that yomi. To protect a puny a human like you. That's rare. She may be delusional in emotions, but at least I know she does her requests properly. I don't remember any new requests put in for her about you.

hiyori: you spy on yomi?

" of course not. That's too troublesome. I like to play mystery." he takes out a book " this is the book for himitsugamis only. Only himitsugamis can see and open. All accepted requests, fulfilled or not, are placed inside. The heavens are afraid we commit blasphemy you see. So they thought of this stupid idea to pit one himitsugami against another."

hiyori:... himitsugamis... ja. You are the second one.

kage: what second or not. I am another one. I am borne from human's wishes just like yomi. Unlike the one borne from heavens to overlook us dirty himitsugami as they refer us to.

hiyori: heaven's... himitsugami.

kage: that's right. I will praise you. You as a human can actually start to change my partner yomi. She actually said no to me. What exactly did you do? 

He takes the chair and swings it around sitting it backwards " she doesn't listen to me anymore. Making her own decisions like putting a trigger factor seal... she is good as I remember."

hiyori: yomi is not for you to use like that?!!!

kage: The only two things I remember in my memory that I think she really did better me. One, the red eye she created. Able to see anything in a human. Though planting it in the eye was a bad idea. Two, surviving in that omnyoji hell hole. I wouldn't have been able to go through it. I would have just rather died. I guess yaboku is a rather good motivation factor. *adjusts hat*

hiyori: you put yomi through that?!!!

kage: I bet she knew it already. She didn't say because it would make you guys all~~ so~~ moody~~ 

hiyori: why?!!!

kage: what do you mean why? I received a request. I just did it. Oh, by the way, I accept all requests in exchange for favours. Awesome system right? *smiles* That death of mother and child were just random targets. The car driver owed me a favour. Just like that dead van driver over there.

hiyori: for what?!!!

kage shrugs his shoulders " just to get your attention."

hiyori: you are worse than I first thought of yomi!!

kage: don't compare me with yomi. She is a mess of emotions who needs a hold by the hand. A kid like her appearance!!! 

hiyori: she is nice!!

kage: hikari, the heaven himitsugami is nice. Maa... I just came to test out... if you can be killed easily.

hiyori: you...

" oh well..." he stands up and takes off his hat, does a nice swing and bows " I will now make my exit." and he turns around to leave.

hiyori: wait!!

kage: don't chase. Your spirit will really die~~