Crossing Breeds Chapter 5

-Vance P.O.V-

Blaine followed me out of the sickroom and down the palace hallway. I had left school, so what? Blaine fell asleep standing up…I deemed it a good reason to skip. We walked in silence for a while until Blaine asked me where we were. “Vampire palace.” “I didn’t know you were the prince.” he mused aloud. I grinned. “I’m not; my dad is a Royal Guard so we live in a house on the grounds.”

        Blaine nodded his head in understanding. “So…what do you have to tell me?” “Let’s go to my place first.” I said. I heard a faint growl. “Uncomfortable?” I asked with a smirk. He didn’t answer so I looked at him. His eyes were downcast. “Blaine? You okay?” I asked stepping towards him.

        He took a step back unconsciously. “Blaine?” “Can we go some place where there are fewer vampires?” he asked softly. “Um…my place will only have me in it, does that count?” He shook his head and I sighed. “Look at me Blaine.” “No.” “Blaine…” “Vance…” There was warning in his voice, a warning I proudly took heed to. I don’t think it’s healthy to bring on the transformation early…

        “Okay, fine, but if we leave before I’ve explained the prophecy to you something bad will happen.” “And you know this how?” “The Daniks told me so.” Blaine stared at me for a while. “I thought those guys were dead.”

        I grinned. “Nope, they’re very much alive, here we are.” I glanced at Blaine as he looked at my house with his jaw dropped. “Dude, you said you had a house!” I chuckled. “This is a house.” I replied. “No, where I live is a house. One story wooden cottage with a porch, two bed and one bath. This,” he pointed to my house, “is a freaking mansion!” I laughed.

        “Dude, what is that? 10 beds, 11.5 bath?” I gripped Blaine’s upper arm. “12 beds, 13 bath.” I said as I pulled him inside. We stood in the foyer and Blaine groaned. “Dude, can I move in?” I wrapped my arm around his waist and pulled him to me. “Sure, you can sleep in my room.”

        Blaine’s pupils dilated in arousal but he pushed me away. “You said you had to talk to me, not sexually harass me.” I sighed. Why, WHY! I was so close. “Follow me.” I lead him down a staircase and flipped on lights as I went. We stepped off the last step and I felt Blaine shiver.

        “Couldn’t we have done this meeting some place warmer?” he grumbled. I shrugged. “We could’ve, but you asked for a vampire free zone and I am the only vamp who comes down here. But we could take this to the…” “Here is good.” he said cutting me off. I grinned and motioned him to take a seat. He took a seat closest to the heater and I sat across from him.

        Blaine looked around. “Nice place ya got here.” I looked around my play room. Pool table, multiple dart boards, bathroom, bed, kitchen…basically a mini house. “Thank you. Would you like something to drink?” “What I would like is for you to tell me what's going on.”

       I took in a deep breath. “My people are dying out.” Blaine raised a brow at me. “Should I feel bad? Cause I suddenly feel ecstatic.” I growled but continued. “We have a prophecy that was revealed not to long ago and only you can make it come to pass.” Silence.

       “Are you goanna tell me what this prophecy is?” I studied his face before reciting the prophecy. “Two enemies must become one, for one race cannot live without the other.” Blaine blinked up at me in confusion. “What does that have to do with me?” he asked. I sighed. “Have you not noticed that you and I are the only people of our races that fight?”

       His eyes widened. “No, no, no! I will not become one with someone as vile as you! Your people deserve to die! After they...” His sentence tapered to an end and he stared at his lap. “After they what?” I asked softly.” “Noting.” “It has to be something Blaine.” I reached out to him and placed my hand on his knee.

       “I said its nothing dude! Leave me alone!” he sprung to his feet and marched up the stairs. I sighed and followed him. “Blaine…” He continued up the stairs, faster. “Blaine!” His shoulders started to shake.” What the hell?

-Blaine’s P.O.V-

        I wouldn’t cry…not here…not now. I felt my shoulders start to shake and my vision began to blur. “Damnit!” I hissed and slammed my fist into the nearest wall. These… creatures…want my help after what they did? I may be bad but I’m not a monster. Let them rot.