CHAPTER 21

A/N: I apologize for making you wait so long for an update. I have struggled tremendously with motivation to write. Work has been emotionally and physically draining this year and I've just got to the point now where I'm just exhausted. I'm sorry I've kept you all waiting and I'm sorry I can't give you a very long chapter. Good news is though, that I finish work next week. Not only does that mean more frequent updates but, it also means that the next chapter will be a juicy and long one. Until then,

Stay safe and thank you for your continuous pushing to finish the story you've all come to love.

- Keri.

Song: "Timber" - Pitbull ft. K$sha.

****************************************

"How am I supposed to believe anything you say?"

"How could you even ask that?"

Mikayla grimaced as she turned the corner. Annabelle and Nick were having an all-out brawl. It upset her, hearing them say such nasty things. It upset her most that Annabelle sounded ready to give it all up. Mikayla knew if she did, it would be the worst decision she'd ever make. Nick and Annabelle had an unconventional beginning but, they'd grown to love each other. Nick made Annabelle happy. It was all Mikayla wanted for her longest friend. She wished nothing more than to experience it herself one day.

"They're really going at it," said Daxton from behind her. Mikayla leaned against his chest with a smile. She may have just found the person she'd been looking for. If only she didn't have to pretend to love his brother.

"I know!" cheered Cameron. "Do you think Annabelle will slap him?" Mikayla rolled her eyes. He was an idiot.

"Don't be insensitive," she admonished him.

He chuckled. "It wouldn't be the first time it happened."

"Doesn't mean it should happen again."

Cameron was silent for a moment. "Can I go out now?" he asked suddenly.

"No!" shouted Daxton and Mikayla. Mikayla was tired of his nagging.

"Why do you want go out?" she asked him.

She was sure he shrugged. "I'm bored."

"So, entertain yourself," drawled Daxton. Mikayla could hear his annoyance.

"If I knew how to, I wouldn't be nagging you." Snapped Cameron.

Mikayla sighed and turned to face them both. The shouting from around the corner had dissipated. She wondered if any blood was shed. "Maybe we can help you."

"How?" asked Cameron.

"Let's do something together. All of us. It'll will entertain you and hopefully help the other two"

"It could work," mumbled Daxton. "What should we do?"

She thought for a moment. She had to think of something inclusive. It had to be an activity that would force her friend to interact with her husband. She needed something that would remind Annabelle of why she loved Nick. Suddenly, it hit her. "I know just the thing."

~~***~~

"This is your grand plan?" asked Cameron. He didn't sound convinced. Mikayla pouted. She'd thought her plan to be inspired. Perhaps she'd been wrong.

"What's wrong with it?" she asked sullenly.

"Well," drawled Daxton from beside her. "It's a bit juvenile."