Chapter 1: Hi. My Names JJ

"Good morning beautiful!" I hear a voice say in the middle of my dream. I wake up and crack open my eyes to see my brother's staring right at me.

My brother is a very handsome man. He is 18. He has tan skin with brown hair and brown eyes. He is pretty tall for his age, 6'4". People always comment on his height. They say, "Oh, you are so tall!" or "You have grown a lot!" I am used to it.

I open my eyes more and stretch. My name Jasmine Johnson. Yeah, I know JJ! How funny. Anyway, I have stage four-pancreatic cancer. I have been in this battle for a year and a half. When the doctors first found it, they did all they could to say I was going to be ok. But they didn't know if that was true. They did do surgery and took out the tumor. I have been on Chemo ever since.

I would describe what I look like, but I am sure you will figure out it out. I am on a special Chemo that doesn't kill my hair cells, so I got to keep my hair! (A/N: This type of chemo treatment is real) Thank God! I love my blonde hair. My hair isn't just any blonde; it is three shades of blonde, all natural!

I am 17. "So, you are a senior in high school right?" you ask. No, I am a gifted girl that graduated really early. Plus I take collage classes online.

I love to read! I read about 3 books a week, and that is a slow week. I guess reading takes my mind off of all the bad stuff in the world. When I am reading a book, I can be the characters. I can be a 18-year-old girl with long black hair and a smoking hot boyfriend, instead of a 17-year-old girl with long blonde hair, no boyfriend, and cancer.

When I was a little girl, I had two brothers. One older and one was my twin (I was born 10 minutes before him!). I also had a mom and a dad. I was a daddy's little girl, and he treated me like one. We did everything together. We ran, we trained, we ate, everything! One day when I was 11, my mom and I decided to go to the mall. When we were driving there, a car came racing through the intersection when we were going through it. The car hit us. My mom was killed instantly. I was badly injured. I was rushed to the hospital. My insides were bleeding out. Lucky, the doctors saved my life. I also had a few broken bones, but they healed right away.

After that, my dad looked at me different. He blamed me for my mom's death. After that he stopped caring for me. He would hit me and call me names. My brothers tried their best to take care of me, but it wasn't enough. One night when I was 13, my dad went drinking and then picked me up at a friends house. On the way home, he started yelling at me and say bad things. Next thing I know, he is pulling over to the side of the road and he got out. He opened my door and told me to get out. As soon as I was out, he started kicking and punching me. I blacked out from the pain. When I woke up, my dad was getting in the car and pulling away.

I was in to much pain to move. I lied still, waiting, waiting for my time to come. I was almost dead, when I saw a figure in the darkness. The figure came over to me and crouched next to me and said "It's okay! I got you Baby Girl. You are going to be fine!". He picked me up and walked me to a house. Once inside of the house I saw the figures face for the first time.

He had short brown hair with brown eyes. He had high cheek bones and a rigid jaw line. He looked to be an older man, late 30's. He set me down on a couch and called for someone. Another boy that looks to be my age comes into the room, as soon as he sees me he mouth drops open. "Call the pack doctor and the Alpha,"

After a long night of pain and black-outs, I finally was stable. When I woke the next morning in was in a bed, a women came into the room with a pair of clothes and then talked to me.

"It hurts!" was all I could say.

"I know honey! You are going to be ok! May I ask who did this?" the women says.

I shake my head yes. "My dad," I say trying to hold back the sob.

She comes over to me and runs a hand through my hair. "You can forget him now. You have a new family. A new brother. A new nice dad and mom. Don't worry," and just like that I had a new life.