Chapter 10: Bathtubs And Sleepy Girls

I wake up the next morning alone. I wake up alone. I sit up in bed, and see that Hayden and Tate are no where in site. I glance at my alarm clock. There's a note taped to the front of it, blocking the numbers. 

Good morning Beautiful!

Sorry we aren't there. I know you wanted to wake up to this beautiful face. But we ran over to our pack house. We are going to do some work, and then hang out with our friends. We will see you later!

Love you!- Hayden

I giggle as I read the note again.

Since I have nothing to do, I decide to take a bath.  Walking into the bathroom, I start the water running, adding bubbles. I decide to light a few candles and set them by the tub.

Once the bath is ready and to my liking, I take off my clothes and get in. My body relaxes. I close my eyes, and let the darkness over take me.

"Not good enough! Don't you want to be the best? Don't you?" My dad screams in my face.

"Yes! I do!" I reply. 

"No you don't! You are lying to me. Do you need to go back into the shack?" he asks in a mocking tone.

"NO!!! Daddy, please I will be a good girl, I will do anything!" I beg him as he grabs a hold of me.

"Enough Jasmine! You will go into the shack until you know what you want." He says and drags me to wood shack. He opens the door, throwing my body into the dark room, effortlessly.

He closes the door, making it even darker. I hear him put the padlock back on the door. "If you are good, and don't make a sound, then maybe you will get food." He says with a chuckle as he walks off back into the house.

I scream. I sit up in the tub, panting. As my breaths even again, I realize it was just a dream...a flashback...a memory. I feel something in my throat, causing me to cough. 

I squeeze my eyes shut as I cough. When I open them, all I see is a lot of blood in the bath tub. I continue coughing up blood.

I see my phone on the counter. I crawl out of the tub, trying to reach it when I slip back into the darkness.

"I'm not sure. She loss a lot of blood. She may never wake up." I hear a voice say.

"No, you have to do something!" I hear Hayden scream. "Do something!" he yells again. I hear some noise. I can't tell what is happening.

"Hayden, they are doing all they can!" Tate says.

"They aren't doing enough. They just want to wait it out. Wait for her to die."

"Who said anything about dying?" Tate asks.

"Yeah, who said anything about dying?" I ask, and open my eyes. Tate and Hayden are staring at me in shock. "Oh, sorry. Should I go back to sleep or...?" I trail off.

"NO!" they say and run over to me. "Don't do that." Hayden says; wrapping me in a hug. I wrap my arms around my warm mate. I breath in his scent. He pulls back and gives Tate a chance to hug me. But Tate doesn't. He just stares at me.

"I'm so sorry, I should have never did that to! This is all me fault." He says; tears running down his face.

"Baby, its okay. It's not your fault. This was going to happen either way." I say and open my arms for him to come in. And this time he does. As we hug, I whisper in his ear "Please don't blame your self."