Claire

When we get back home, I decide to send Margaret home to get ready, and I cook dinner. I decide to make homemade baked Mac and Cheese.

I slide our dinner into the oven, and then head out to the living room to join the boys.

The are busy watching the basketball game.

"Who's winning?" I ask, when I come into the room.

"Duke." They say, not even looking at me. I walk around the couch, and sit in the middle of them. They wrap their arms around me. I smile. I lean into Hayden, who is on my right. He kisses the top of my head.

Then continue to watch the game until dinner is ready.

I hear the timer, and get up. I go to the kitchen, and pull out the fresh baked bread, and homemade Mac & Cheese. I dish it up for everyone and set the table.

"BOYS! Dinners ready!" I shout out to them, and they come racing into the kitchen. There eyes go big when they see it.

"It looks-" Tate begins, and Hayden finishes. "Amazing."

I smile. "Thank you." I say and they smile back. They both give me a kiss, and then head to the table, as soon as they sit down, they dig in.

I smile, watching the meal I just made, disappear.

Hayden looks at me. "Babe, you have to come try this. You did an amazing job." He says. I nod my head, and sit down next to him.

"You guys are the best." I say. The both smile at me. I smile back, of course. I start eating and I guess they were right, it was amazing.

Once we are done eating, the boys clean up for me.

"Thanks. You guys really didn't need to do this."

"It's no problem," Hayden says. "We love you."

I smile, and relax while watching them do the dishes. When they are all done, we head out to the living room, and watch a movie. But soon into the movie, I fall asleep on Tate's shoulder.

---------

The wind bits my cheeks as I walk down the chilling sidewalk. I clutch my phone in my warm pockets. Claire showed up at my house about an hour ago. It was awkward at first but we quickly bonded. Claire is way different from me but we have our similarities.

We made it to the coffee shop that I like, and walked in. The warm air wrapped us both in a huge hug that I was thankful for.

The coffee smell that I love all so much wafts into my nose.

"Hmm, this place smells amazing!"

"I know right! It's the best thing in the world, well besides you're brother's scents." I say with a giggle, and thankfully Claire laughs too.

We walk up to the counter and order what we want. After getting our drinks we sit at table by the front windows.

"So tell me about you're self," Claire prompts.

"Well, I'm 17. Almost 18. I'm going to be Alpha, you're brothers are my mates. I'm very happy, I've never felt this happy in my whole life!"

Claire giggles, "That's good to hear!"

"What about yourself? I want to learn more?"

"Well, as you know when I was a little girl I wondered off. But we all know how that turned out. I have a mate, we've been together for a few years now. He is the love of my life. We got married about a year ago. No kids yet. But hopfully one day." What she says makes me sad but I don't think about it for to much longer. The more we talk, the more we find that we have in common. By the end out over time in the city, I believe that I have made a new friend.

"Honey I'm home!" I yell coming into my house with Claire. "I brought a friend too!" I add as we walk into the living room. The TV is on, Hayden has his eyes glued to his computer that's sitting on his lap. His twin is laying on another couch, an arm slung over his eyes as he snores softly. "Hey sweetheart!"

I lean over and kiss Hayden's soft cheek. "Hi Babe," He looks at me. His smile grows when he sees his sister. "Hey Claire! What brings you here?"

"Just hanging out with your mate!" She says with a giggle. He smiles.

"Oh really. She's pretty great don't you think?"

"Yeah, she's a pretty cool chick!"

We all talk for a few more minutes until Claire declares she must get home before it gets too late. I told Hayden he needs to take her home and he agrees. After they leave, I walk over to Tate. He's still in a deep sleep. He looks so precious and peaceful when he sleeps.

I reach my hand out about to shake him awake, but I stop myself. I look out the front window, and see eyes staring back at me. I frown, staring back. I walk towards the window. My eyebrows bury closer together the more steps I take.

I move towards the door, the eyes silently following me. I have one hand on the cold door handle. With my other hand, I unlock it and open the door.

The eyes appear right in front of me...

"Lucus?"