Chapter 4: Enjoying The Last Few Days On Earth

I wake up in my guest bedroom. The sun is shining into the windows and blinding me. I look at my phone and see that I have a bunch of texts from my mates and Derek. I check the time and see that it 10:00am. I take a deep breath and smell food. I walk out of the room and into the kitchen. Hayden is watching TV, and Tate is cooking.

Tate looks up from cooking the eggs and bacon and sees me. Sorrow fills his eyes.

"I am so sorry-" he begins but I cut him off.

"It's okay, lets not talk about that."

"Okay, well Derek has been here like 8 times this morning. What happened last night?"

"Nothing, we just had a fight. No big deal," I tell him as I sit down at the counter. He hands me a piece of bacon and I start munching on it. Hayden comes up behind me and kisses me on the cheek and then grabs a piece for himself. Then goes back to the TV.

"Hey, one thing you should know is I don't like talking in the morning. I just want to wake up first. When I am ready, I will talk to you!" I explain.

He nods his head and then goes back to cooking. 

After I ate the amazing breakfast Tate made, I go to take a shower while the boys finished up. When I get in the shower, I let the water run all over my body so I can relax.

What am I going to do about Derek!

I hear a knock on the door, I tell whoever to come in. His scent hits me like a ton of bricks. Not that I mind. Tate smells amazing.

I peak my head out the curtain and see Tate. "Don't even think about coming in here!"

He looks at me, "Too late!"

"Tate!"

"Fine, I won't. I will just sit and talk to you. Okay?" he says. I shake my head as if to say "yes". I go back to washing my hair.

"So, can we have a normal conversation without fighting?" he asks. 

"I suppose,"

"Good..." He trails off, I start to wonder if he is actually going to talk. "I wanted to talk about the Alpha thing. What are we going to do? I want to be Alpha but that means that you can't, and that breaks my heart."

"Well, what are your and Hayden's strengths?" I inquire.

"Um well, Hayden is really good at strategy. Like really good, I use to be jealous. Me? I guess I'm really good at reading and planning the right moves when fighting."

"That's great!"

"Why do you say that?" Tate asks.

"OK, when we combine both of our packs we are going to become one of the largest packs. Each Alpha would handle a different section. Kind of like a football team!" I explain excitedly.

"That's amazing! Hayden would be in charge of the strategy for the pack, I would handle the reading and planning! Wait, what about you?"

I stop the shower and grab my towel. "Promise not to laugh?"

"Of course sweetheart," he says. I wrap the towel around me, and then I pull back the curtain. Lust fills Tate's eyes.

"My eyes are up here!" I say and his eyes snap up, "I am really good at fighting,"

He thinks for a minute while I brush my hair. "Well, it makes sense. You did get trained by one of the best fighters around. But you can't beat me!"

I grab the knife that I hid by the toilet paper, and pin him to the wall behind him. I put the knife right against his neck.

Fear flashes in his eyes, "Where did that come from?" he asks, meaning the knife.