Chapter One: The Beginning

Chapter 1

Beep ... Beep ... Beep

Her eyes fluttered repeatedly finally opening from sleep. She rose up off what she thought was her bed but when she got a glimpse of her surroundings she noticed she was in the hospital. Her heart beat sped up wondering how she ended up here. She started snatching the plugs off her body.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppp

The doctors ran in " Ms. Jamison your finally awake." The doctor said with a warm smile. " I'm Dr. Morris. How are you feeling?" He asked calmly.

It took her a minute to speak until she finally forced the words out. " H - How did I get here?" She asked looking around as the doctors checked to make sure she was okay.

" Its seems you've suffered an accident and was brutally beaten, I'm not sure if you knew but you were pregnant and you miscarried. Your lucky, very that you survived, I'm sorry that your baby didn't. "
Myla looked around confused holding her stomach as she tried standing.

" please sit down Miss you had an concussion so you may not remember things. You've been in a coma." He said flashing his light in her eyes as soon as Myla sat down. "Can you follow the light for me ?"

" How long have I been sleep." She asked as she did so.

Dr. Morris laughed. " More like hibernating, 2 months. I'd like to run some test to make sure your fine." He smiled turning his flash light off.

" Alright." She showed a weak smile.

Myla sat their while the doctor asked questions about her injury, in which she had no clue about. Dr. Morris checked her vision, hearing, strength, balance, coordination, and reflexes. After about an hour they were all done.

" Your memory loss is only temporary. Symptoms may include headache, confusion, lack of coordination, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, ringing in the ears, and sleepiness. You'll need plenty of rest Ms. Jamison." Dr. Morris said with a warm smile. " You might experience little flash backs of your past , things like a familiar face, place or name can trigger that. "

Myla nodded taking the pills he provided her to ease the pain. After a few more questions and information she was free to go. She walked out the hospital not remembering what happened or how she even got there. She couldn't answer any questions the police asked her when they stopped her in the hallway on her way out. Dr. Morris said she was found injured brutally beaten and was immediately rushed to care. Luckily the injuries didn't cause brain damage.

Myla walked out the hospital and the winters breeze hit her hard. " Taxi !" She called out to the man smoking a cigarette leaning against his cab. He looked up and made eye contact with her.

She only remembered only one address and that was her mom's house. Myla didn't know how much money she had but when she looked in her purse it looked as if she had more than enough. She found an ID which had her information on it. Jamyla Campbell , she memorized. She looked at the address on it and it read 1405 Chestnut hill.

Myla pulled out two twenties and gave it to the man. " May I ask for the date and time ?"

" Its February 11th ma'am and 8:32 pm." He said looking at his phone.

" Thank you. " she smiled.

She got out the car and walked up to the familiar house. She knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer but no one did. She twisted the door knob and the door opened. Her old home wasn't looking so familiar anymore. She entered the house and quickly covered her nose, it smelled horribly. She looked around to see the chandelier that was once on the ceiling was now shattered on the floor. The plush cream colored couches were ripped up. She stepped on a piece of glass and picked it up to see an old picture of her and her mom. She smiled seeing it was on her 17th birthday which was only three years ago.