Chapter 9 : And Back Again

Dipper tried again, he closed his eyes and open it again. The world stays black and white. Dipper stood up from his position and walked back to the store. It was empty.

He didn't understand, why all of this happening to him?

He left the store back to the living room, nothing. He went to the museum where Grunkle Stan keeps all of the fake creatures he created. There should be a group of tourist with his Grunkle as the tour guide there, but when he arrived at the museum. Nothing.

No sound at all, there's no footsteps, no children running around without paying attention to his Grunkle explanation, no parents trying to stop them, no tourist taking pictures and throwing money at his Grunkle. Nothing.

He went outside for a while, but all he can see was an empty parking lot. No tourist bus, even his uncle car is not there. Dipper went back inside, thinking where should he check next when he remembered his other Grunkle. The twin brother of Stan, Ford!

Dipper tried to go to the basement, maybe Ford will be there. He went back to the store and walked to the vending machine. He punched the buttons to enter the codes. The vending machine swung open and Dipper went inside. He went inside the lift, went down to the second floor where his Grunkle usually doing his research. He opened the door, but there's no Grunkle Ford inside. All of the books are in place, a few papers on the floor, a few used books, and a half -written paper is on the top of the table.

Dipper is confused now, he can't understand any of this. Why is this happening to him? How? When did it start? This morning? Last night? What is the cause? Who did all of this? Now, he is confused and scared. What if something happens to his family? Or to Bill? His head was full of unanswered questions.

But wait, Bill. Bill Cipher! The dream demon! He's going to ask Bill about this!

Dipper went back upstairs. The store was still empty, the whole Mystery Shack was still empty. Dipper almost panicked, he didn't like all of this. He wished he could get back to the Mystery Shack, that's full of people.

Dipper calmed himself down, he took a deep breath and started to think. Maybe he is doing something wrong? Is that why he can't go back to the real Mystery Shack? Dipper wished he could just wake up from all of this.

And then he realized something, wake up. Maybe all of this is really just a dream! Dipper went back to the living room, almost running. Laying down again on the sofa, trying to get a comfortable position. He closed his eyes, hoping that this will work and open his eyes again.

He's right when he opened his eyes, the world was back to the colorful world he remembered. Dipper went again to the store, where there's only a few tourist left. Mabel was still behind the register, while Bill was talking to a customer. Soos was already there, wiping the floor.

"Hey, Dipping Dot!" Mabel greeted. "You get enough rest? It's almost time for lunch!" Mabel said excitedly.

"Yeah. Do you want to switch so you can make lunch?" Dipper asked.

"Nope, Grunkle Ford is the one that going to make today's lunch," Mabel answered. "You still look tired, bro-bro. You sure you get enough rest? Why don't you go back to sleep again? There's still enough time to sleep before lunch if you want."

Dipper shook his head, there's no way he's going back to that black and white world. It reminded him of the mindscape. Mindscape? It's been awhile since he used that word. Maybe he should really ask Bill about this.

"I'm gonna talk to Bill," Dipper said to Mabel, who only nodded her head. Dipper waited until Bill was finish talking to the customer before calling his name. Bill turned his head around to see his Pine Tree tired, not amused looking face.

"How may I help you, Pine Tree?" Bill asked formally. Probably because all the customer he talked to.

"Have your power returned?" Dipper asked quickly.

"Yes, a little bit," replied Bill truthfully.

"Is it strong enough for you to go back to Mindscape?" Dipper asked again.

"Yes, but it's only for a moment. Can't stay too long there, why are you asking me this?" Bill asked after answering Dipper's question.

"I keep seeing world went black and white then back to the colorful world again," Dipper complained.

"Oh, so that's why," Bill said while snapping his finger. He acted as if he knew what happen.

"Do you know what happen?" Dipper asked.

"Of course, Pine Tree. Pure energy with no weakness, remember?" Bill asked back teasingly.

"But you got beaten by two twelve-years -old kids," Dipper answered with a deadpan.

"Let's not talk about the past."

"So what happen to me?" Dipper asked again.

"It's probably because you're near me. You kept getting back and forth to the Mindscape and reality," Bill replied.

"This also happen to Mabel and my Grunkles?" Dipper asks because he's not the only who was near Bill. His twin sister and his Grunkles was also near Bill.

"No, this won't happen to them, Pine Tree," Bill answered.

"Why? Why is this only happen to me?" Dipper asked, feeling really confused right now.

"Maybe because you're the source of my energy," Bill answered easily.

"What?" Dipper said, half-shouting.

"Well, you're the one who successfully woke me up from my statue form. Of course, I need your energy to continue living."

(GSVIV'H Z UFM RM ML IVUFMW)