Chapter 11: Parents

"We want both of you to come home quick!" said the twins father on the phone.

The words that Dipper heard from his parents felt like a thunderstorm that suddenly appeared out of nowhere. His heart pounded fast. His knees went limp. His eyes went wide. "Wh-what?" asked Dipper to his parents to make sure, that he wasn't misheard.

"Didn't you hear us? We want both of you to come home as soon as possible!" demanded Mr. Pines. Dipper can hear his father's voice a little bit shaky. His emotion turned 180 degrees, Dipper face that was full of shock suddenly turned to worried.

"Dad, is everything all right?" asked Dipper.

"Dipper..." this time he heard his mother voice, "...please just come home. We really need you here."

"Dipper, what's going on?" asked Mabel who was standing behind Dipper. Her face looks very anxious. "Can I talk to mom and dad?" asked Mabel again. She walked slowly and stood beside her brother. Dipper gave the phone to Mabel, she attached the phone handle to her ear, "Hello?"

"Mabel!"

"Mom? What's going on?" asked Mabel with a trembling voice.

"Mabel, please go back home. We need both of you here. You will be safer here." Mabel could hear that her mother was half crying.

"Mom! What happen? What do you mean we will be safer there? Is everything alright?"

"Mabel..." this time Mabel can hear her father voice.

"Dad, what's going on there?"

"Mabel, the-"

"Why does mom cry?"

"Mabel..."

"Why do you all sound so worried?"

"Mab-"

"It's something bad happen there?"

"Mab-"

"And what do you mean we need to go back home?"

"Ma-"

"Gravity Falls is our home now."

"..."

"Dad?"

"Are you done?" Finally, Mr. Pines spoke up again after hearing a bunch of question that his daughter asked.

Mabel nodded even though her father can't see it.

"Look, Mabel, there's something bad happen in all over the states and we're all worried sick for you two," said Mr. Pines patiently.

"But we have Grunkle Stan and Ford here, we will be safe around them," said Mabel, trying to make sure that she and her twin brother are safe enough.

"Mabel, please we really need both of here with us. We will be worried sick if you two not with us in a condition like this," said Mr. Pines, trying to make his two children come back home. 

"But why don't you two just come here, to Gravity Falls? The whole family will be here, and we will be much safer together." Mabel tried to persuade her father, but it seems her father wasn't easy enough.

"Mabel, look we just want both of you to take the earliest bus tomorrow morning and head home. If the situation is already cleared, you two can come back to Gravity Falls and spent the rest of your life living with your Grunkles. Now start packing your stuff because there are no more excuses, tomorrow you will be heading home right away. Do you understand me?" demanded Mr. Pines. He can't take Mabel's bribing anymore. But unfortunately, Mabel felt really hurt.