Chapter 12

I slept for the rest of that day, and was awaken by sounds outside my cell.

"Rick, she finally ate last night. She's recovering just fine, please, don't send her there." I could hear Hershel, and I knew that they were talking about me.

"Hershel, I have no choice. Even if she's getting better, she still meets requirements to be sent to the infirmary cell block." He looked inside, and saw I was awake.

"Oh, Sam. You're awake." My eyes were wide. I didn't want to leave. Rick came into my cell. "Hey Sam." He took my hands in his, the difference in size was strangely big. "Were gonna send you to the infirmary cell block. Hershel will help you get better there, okay?" I looked up at Hershel, and shook my head. I didn't want to leave. They can't make me.

"Sam. I brought you breakfast. " Hershel said, drastically changing the subject. "Rick, we'll talk about this later. He let go out my hands. "But-"

"Later, Rick." Hershel set a bowl of oatmeal and some orange juice on my night stand, and left with Rick. I could hear them talk as they walked down the stairs. I grabbed the bowl of oatmeal and began eating, slowly and steadily.

Carl's POV:

I was in my cell block, and sat there for awhile. I heard Hershel and my dad talking as they walked down the stairs. "She's got to go to the infirmary, Hershel." Hershel stopped and raised his hands. "She's eating at this very moment, Rick. That girl isn't giving up on her life, you shouldn't either." My dad scratched his head.

"For the love of god, Rick. Don't move her.  Don't put her through this, please." I walked out of my cell. "You were going to send her to the infirmary?" My dad turned around,  and got a look of guilt on his face. "Carl-"

"I can't believe you." I stormed out of there. I thought of Sam, and where she liked to go when angry or frustrated. I ran over to the fence, and climbed up to sit on the top. I understood why she liked to sit up here. The view was so calming, just looking at the tops of the trees, and the cities far in the distance. I sat up there for awhile until I heard someone from behind. I turned to see who it was, but then the pain was shot through my arm, causing me to fall over between the two gates, and go unconscious.

Rick's POV:

I heard a shot from outside of the prison. My mind rushed of so much. I ran out of there as fast as I could.

"Carl!" I saw him. I watched him fall off the fence, like a rag doll, and fall onto the ground between the two fences. And his shooter was someone I'd never forget. It was the governor.

"Hey Rick!" He yelled to me. "How does it feel?" I clenched my fist tight. I pulled my gun and charged at him. I hadn't noticed Daryl come up from behind. He knocked the governor to the ground, and had him pinned to the ground. I turned around to Hershel, but was interrupted by a punch to the face. I almost lost my balance, my nose now bleeding. I looked up at my attacker. It was one of the governors new recruits. He started after me again, but I dodge him and tripped him from behind. I stomped on his wrist, most likely breaking it.

"Hershel, get Carl!" he nodded, and ran as fast as he could (which wasn't particularly fast) to the entrance for in between the two fences. I ran back over to the governor. Daryl had already been talking to him.

"Did you, or did you not!?" The governor for once looked frightened. "I.. I did." The governor stuttered. Daryl readied his crossbow.

"Don't shoot him." Daryl looked at me angrily. "Grab him, I'll grab his little friend, and follow me." I went over to his friend,  and grabbed him by his only working arm. We headed into the prison, cell block A.

Completely empty, but most secure. We kept special items in there, like medicine and healing stuff, but now we had them in there, so we moved them to the upstairs cafeteria.

We threw them in separate cells. Away from each other. When we walked out of there, Daryl gave me the death stare.

"We should've killed them, Rick." I shook my head. "No, I'm saving their deaths for someone who deserves it." Daryl stared at me for a couple of seconds, then smirked. He knew who I was talking about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam's POV:

I honestly hated not being able to move. Being isolated from everything sucked. I finally could hold my food down, and the only time I could get up was when I needed to go to the bathroom.

I had been lying in my bed for what felt like hours. Then I heard someone come through the prison door, two people actually, and one of them was screaming in pain. I heard Hershel's voice.

"Carl, come on, we're almost there, keep moving, son." Carl? Was he hurt? I stood up from my bed and saw Hershel carrying Carl. He had been wounded in the arm and was bleeding severely.

"Oh my God, Hershel, what happened?" Carl looked up at me, and smiled. I could see him say my name, but his voice wasn't strong enough for me to hear it. I went down the stairs to Carl's cell. I saw him better. He had a shot wound to the right arm. And I knew his attacker was the same as mine.

"The governor did this, didn't he?" I asked Hershel to be sure. He looked at me. "How did-" I showed him my bandaged up wrist. "He did this to me, Hershel. I remember now." We heard someone come into the prison, and to Carl's cell. "Oh my God, Carl." It was Rick. He ran over to Carl. He seemed depressed and stayed that way for awhile,  but when he looked at me, he got an anger in his face. "Come on, Sam. I have someone you'd like to see." I followed him, knowing who I was about to become face-to-face with.