Chapter 18

Ahhh, omg. Can I just say I love you all!!! This book means a lot to me and I'm super psyched by the nice feedback I'm getting! You guys are amazing, and I just need to thank you guys!!!

Love you all and enjoy the chapter. :)

◆◇◆

Larry came after me surprisingly fast for being stabbed in the leg. I ran to the right, and barely dodged him. I put my foot in his way to trip him, but he had the wall to keep him up. The loud thump from his hands hitting the wall woke Lilly up.

"What the fuck is going on?!" Larry turned to me, and charged at me once more. I didn't expect it this time, so he shoved me back into the wall.

"Dad stop this now!"

"Stay out of this, Lilly!" I looked up at him. His face brought back too many memories. It's like I'm reliving my old life. He grabbed me by the collar. "Larry let go of her!" I heard Ryan's voice behind us.

He turned his head. "Shut up, asshole!" I grabbed my knife from my back pocket, and held it to his stomach.

"Let go of me." He turned to me, realization hit him, and he dropped me to the ground. My view was still on him. Lilly came to his side. "Come on, let's leave this room." Larry's view stayed on me.

Once he left the room, I put the knife back in my pocket. "You didn't stab him, did you?"

"No Ryan, I'm not like half the world. I don't kill the living." Once the words left my mouth, I realized I had lied, badly. I killed my mother, my brother, and my father. I killed my whole family. I killed innocent people around the prison. "You're saying you haven't killed anyone yet? I mean, anyone alive?" I slid down the wall.

Maybe Lilly was right. Maybe I am the monster. Her voice replayed in my mind, and was slowly replaced with everyone else's,  like they were all yelling at me at once.

"You fucking monster!"

"Are you alright?" He kneeled in front of me. I felt his hand touch my cheek, but I pushed it away. "What's wrong?" My vision became blurry. "I'm the monster." His hand was under my chin, and he forced me to look up at him. "What?"

"I killed my whole family. I killed innocent people at the prison. That makes me the monster."

"That's not true, and you know that." He put his hand on my cheek, and I started to come back to reality.  He's the enemy Sam. He just getting in your head. Stop yourself. Stop yourself. Realization fully hit me when our faces were about two inches apart. I pushed away from him and stood up.

"No no no. This, this isn't right. I need to leave." He stood up, and his expression was purely confused. "What? Why?"

"I don't belong here. I need my group, my real group. The group that- that doesn't try to kill me every chance they get. The group that let me leave my past in the past. Your friend, Larry? He's already brought back too much." Dammit, I talk to much. "What did he bring back?"

I brushed it off. "It doesn't matter." I turned, but he grabbed my wrist. "It does matter. It matters to me atleast." I turned to him. He doesn't need to know, he doesn't deserve to know, does he? "What's your name?" I raised my eyebrow. "You're asking that now?" He nodded his head. "It's Sam."

"Really?"

"Really. Now let go of my wrist." He looked down at his hand, and instantly let go. "Where does Larry keep my stuff?"

"If I tell you, can I come with you?" He can't be serious. "Hell no."

"Why not?" I turned to him. I actually don't have a real reason, he just shouldn't come with. "You're safer here."

"So are you." I clenched my fist. "I said no, Ryan." We were silent for a moment. "That's fine. But you can't stop me from following you, oh, and I guess you won't have anything-"

"Don't guilt trip me now!" He sat down on the couch. "Guess someone's never getting there stuff back. And let's be real, you won't leave without-"

"Fine! You can come with!" He smiled. "It's under his chair." I turned around, and pushed his chair back, revealing all my stuff. I threw the gun and my knives in my back pocket, and threw my backpack over my shoulder. "Okay. Let's go." I gave him the kitchen knife I still had in my hand. "You're gonna need this."

"Shouldn't we tell them we're leaving?" I rolled my eyes and turned around. I pulled open the front door. He followed behind, closing the door behind me.

"So, why are you so desperate to find your group?"

"I already told you why."

"Oh. Yeah."

...

"What did Larry bring back?"

This is going to be a long trip.