Chapter 30

We searched a couple more houses, finding plenty of stuff to help us get around. Walkers seemed to be scarce, which was good for us. It ment less work, and less stress.

I leaned against the porch fence, waiting for Carl and Michonne to exit the house. I jumped when I felt Carl's hand touch my shoulder. "Close your eyes." He said. I laughed as I closed them. I felt a small chain go around my neck. His hand cupped my cheek as he kissed my forehead.

I looked down at the necklace wrapped around my neck. Attached to it was a small infinity sign. "What's this for?" I asked. "It was my mother's. I want you to have it. So you know, no matter what, we're always forever." I looked up at him in awe. For him to give me this ment the world.

"I can't." I said. "This is too much. It's your mother's, you need-"

"She would want you to have it. Please." I looked back down at the necklace, then to him. "Thank you." I said. My arms wrapped around his neck, but I stopped myself from kissing him when I saw Michonne looking at us with a smirk, no doubt in my mind she heard all of that.

"Come on, you two lovebirds." She said as she walked down the porch steps. I blushed in embarrassment, while Carl laughed at both of us.

The road back to the house was pretty silent. Accept when Michonne pulled the crazy cheese out again, and handed it to Carl. I passed when he offered it to me. The stuff looked and smelled nasty. I couldn't force it into my mouth to save my life.

When we reached the house, it looked... different.

Then we heard the two gunshots go off. Which was when we saw Rick running from the house."Run!" He yelled to us."Run!"

-.-

We ran.

And we ran. And when we knew we were safe. We walked. And we walked. Then we found train tracks, which leads to now.

Rick and Michonne walked ahead of Carl and I. It was really silent, between me and him. Rick and Michokne whispered things to each other now and then. But all in all, it was silent.

"Are you okay?" Carl asked me. I looked over to him. He looked worried, and tired, no, he look exhausted. "I'll be fine. Are you okay?" I asked back. He nodded.

We all stopped next to a giant train cart with a banner attached to it, saying: "Terminus. Santuary For All." We all stared at it for a while, the banner and the map below it.

"Do you think..? Michonne asked. I look down the train tracks.

We've found our new Sanctuary.

---

Who's ready for 7 months of waiting?

Not me.

Stay By Me // Carl Grimesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें