/13\

"Don't you love me [Y/N]?!" his voice called from all around you. Your mind urged your feet to run, but you remain paralyzed with fear as the purple eyes got closer to you.

Sans emerged from the bramble and flexed his sharpened claws at you in a sadistic wave. He trailed the claws underneath your chin, leaving fine red gashes. "S-Stop!" you begged, cursing yourself mentally for how weak you sounded.

This seemed to please Sans even more. He swiped his hand upwards and a white bone slowly inched its way towards you. "Tick tock [Y/N]," he whispered in your ear. The bone was pressing harder on your chest. Blood was beginning to stain your shirt.

You woke up screaming into your pillow. Sunlight was beginning to stream down through the canopy of leaves that grew overtop of you. "Sans?!" you called out frantically, looking for any sign of the skeleton. Sharp pain flared in your chest and you collapsed to the ground, twitching involuntarily.

You finally managed to lift your shirt to see that black streaks were beginning to crawl across your skin, demonic hands reaching for your heart. A gasp escaped your lips and you pulled your shirt down, sweat beading at your forehead. Did Chara cause this? you wondered frantically as Sans stepped out of the woods, holding up a dead squirrel.

"I got breakfast!" he exclaimed through a forced grin and sat on the ground, sliding the squirrel towards you. Sans noticed the panicked expression on your face. "Are you okay [Y/N]?" he asked, beginning to skin the animal.

A wave of nausea swept over you, partly from the black tendrils that were creeping across your chest by the hour and the squirrel lung that fell to the floor. "That's disgusting," you made a face, looking at the butchered squirrel.

"Food is food," Sans said and then stopped to admire the squirrel carcass. "Though it would taste good with a ketchup."

You pretended to vomit into the bushes and then started a fire. Sans stood up suddenly and aimed his hand toward the direction of the raw squirrel. A Gaster Blaster formed above it and shot a laser, cooking the squirrel instantaneously. You noted with shock that the laser of the Gaster Blaster had been purple, along with Sans' left eye had been blue with a red ring around it.

"I told you I can cook," he said and picked up a burnt squirrel leg and threw it to your feet. You opened your mouth to inquire about the purple laser as well as his eye when Sans shot you a warning glare. You nodded solemnly and ate the burnt food quickly.

Your eyes flickered down to Sans' hand from where he had never quite filed down his claws. They were Undyne's idea, Sans' words echoed in your head. How had you not noticed that he had kept them that way? His hood was still pulled over his head.

He's trying to keep sane for you, a voice scolded in your head.

"It's good," you said, choking slightly at the dried meat that lodged in your throat. Sans laughed and held up a piece.

"I'm sure it's not that bad," he chewed a piece of the squirrel meat and then spat it out. "Never mind then," he chuckled and tossed the pieces aside. "I'm sure we can find food somewhere else." His pinprick eyes flickered down to a black streak that was running down your arm. Sans gave you a confused stare and you quickly pulled your sleeve over it.

"There's a Winn Dixie nearby," you said quickly and started toward the store, not waiting for him. You cast a glance behind your shoulder and saw that Sans had vanished. Bile rose in your throat and you began to walk faster. You pushed angrily through the doors of Winn Dixie and noticed that the shelves were barren.

You let out a frustrated scream and kicked one of the shelves, causing it to topple over. The noise was louder than you had expected, sending a loud crash though the store. A delighted hiss came from nearby and you ducked behind the cash register.

"Is this my lucky day?" a low growl came from the front of the store, only a few feet away form you. You noticed the fly-like appearance of the monster and noted that it was a Whimsum. They were easily scared and thus the weakest monster.

The beat of its wings grew closer and you leaped in front of the Whimsum, hoping to scare it. Instead the monster remained motionless and then revealed a mouth of sharpened teeth. Terror seized you and you began to run towards the back of the store.

A muffled scream came from behind you and you noticed a cloaked figure had leaped from hiding and latched itself onto the Whimsum. Its claws sliced angrily at the armor and the Whimsum rose a few feet above the monster, its wings shredded. It evaporated into dust and covered the creature below it.

You knew that the creature who had killed it was Sans, there was no doubt about it. He turned towards you and cocked his head to one side. Both of his eyes were now blue with a red rim around it. The dust from the Whimsum covered his jacket, making it look grey rather than blue.

Sans took a step towards you, unsure whether to attack or spare you. He raised his left hand and let the claws scrape against the shelves. "5..." His voice came out in a ragged croak. "4..."

You realized that he was counting down, a game to make the hunt funner. You sprinted down the isles and locked yourself in the meat locker. "3..." Through the small window of the locker, you caught Sans walking through the main hall of the store, occasionally looking down the isles for you.

"2..." The monotone level of his voice had been replaced with a tone much more sadistic.

"1..."

"Ready or not, here I come."

You sat in darkness for what felt like hours. You could occasionally hear footsteps followed by frustrated growls as Sans vainly searched for you. You could hear him engage in frequent conversations with himself.

You know you have the power.

You recoiled from the wall you had been leaning against like it was poison. In the faint shaft of light that shined through the window, you saw that your left arm was completely black. You rubbed a finger against your skin and realized that it was almost a play-dough like substance.

"What power?" you whimpered.

With me, you have the power to do anything, Chara replied.

As if to demonstrate, a variety of weapons formed in your hand, ranging from red spears to knives. There was a feeling of sensation that ran through your spine when knife materialized in your hand.

This is the weapon you were destined to have.

You stared at the red knife almost in a trance before tearing your eyes away from it. You flung the weapon away from you. Chara hissed and pain rocketed through your body.

Idiot!

"I'm not going to kill Sans," you spat.

The Sans you have known in this timeline no longer resides in his body. His mind is a sick and twisted form of what it once was. You either put him out of his misery or...

Two buttons appeared in front of you. A wave of nostalgia washed over you at the glimpse of the 'Final Reset' button. "I can't..." you whispered, unsure if Chara would hear you. "Not again, I can't do this to Sans."

Sans is gone, Chara insisted. There was sympathy laced in her voice. There is no other option. Humans have been eradicated, there is no hope in bringing back your species [Y/N].

"It's an endless cycle," you retorted. "There is no happy ending."

Exactly.

"You're it," the voice came from behind you. You whipped around to see a pair of red eyes staring at you smugly through the window.

Now or never [Y/N].