/14\

"Are you alright [Y/N]?"

You stirred slightly and opened your eyes. The world around you was an infinite abyss of white. Multiple rifts were exposed in random locations. "This is beautiful," you gasped, tracing your finger around the serrated edges of a rift. You caught a glimpse of a Sans with his hood pulled over his head, dancing with who you assumed was Frisk. He stopped and looked straight at you, giving you a small wave before resuming dancing.

A version of Sans emerged in front of you, a paint brush in his mouth. There were random blotches of ink over his face and clothes. "You're awake!" he exclaimed, his irises transforming into stars and then back to normal pinpricks.

"W-Who are you?" you asked, looking around at the vast expanse of white surrounding the two of you. "What is this place?"

"My name is Ink!" he says proudly and then grabs your hand, leading you through the room and showing off multiple rifts. "This is the multiverse, home of every universe in existence!" He points to several windows leading to the AU's - like a child proudly showing his art work to others. There was something about Ink's hyper spirit that struck you as familiar but you couldn't quite place it.

"My job is to guard and help the Creators form them," Ink explained and led you to a rift. Most of the universe was white with a few drawn forms. There were multiple strands of words that floated across the sky, clashing with one another to form a storyline. "This is a fairly new universe I stumbled upon. The Creators are calling it Weapontale. Most universes like this one start out as mere ideas and drawings of what the characters look like. Over time, a storyline is developed and the AU is created."

There was some beauty at watching the storyline of Weapontale come together that you couldn't quite place. "It must be amazing to do this all the time," you said, waving at the Weapontale Sans who had taken notice of you.

"It is," Ink replied and then casually adjusted his leather glove. "However, I'm sure you are confused on why you are here, aren't you?"

You replied with a curt nod.

Ink swiped his hand across the room, drawing all the rifts closer to you. "There are beings in the multiverse that even I can't explain. People like you are unique so to speak to the point where there is only one version of them. No matter how many AU's are created, there will only ever be one [Y/N].

"And some of these people have the power to jump from timeline to timeline with ease. You contain some of this power, being able to do the 'Final Reset' option. However, you don't have much control over this power, given the fact you cannot choose which AU you will arrive at next. It's chosen randomly, so to speak."

You nodded and then a realization dawned upon you. "I've traveled from AU to AU hundreds of times. We've done this before, haven't we?"

Ink gave you a sad smile. "Sometimes I wished I could have chosen the AU's in which you were selected to go. Some such as Horrortale and Dusttale are not the most pleasant..." His irises turned a dark red from previous memories and then he shook it off. "We don't have much time, but I wanted to warn you. Chara has been active in the timelines and it is starting to worry me. Be careful [Y/N]. You never know what she may be planning."

You opened your mouth to reply when the rifts around you began to vibrate. The began to whip around you at an astonishing speed. "Join us!" A chorus of voices rang across the multiverse. You let out a muffled cry and stole a glimpse of Ink who gave you a reassuring smile. An emotion you couldn't quite describe welled in your chest and you extended your hand to touch a rift that seemed to be calling to you.