/19\

Within the first few minutes after I had published the author's note, Mafiatale was the most suggested one.

My interpretation might be a bit different from how the AU is planned out.

Feel free to suggest any AU's that you want to see in this book!

__________________

You were surrounded by darkness.

Fear rooted itself inside your mind. Is this what it feels like to become nothing? you wondered and extended your hand, relief flooding through you as your fingertips brushed against the rough surface of wood.

You were suddenly aware that you were in motion. Rough voices shouted from around you, barking harsh commands at one another. One voice in particular struck you as familiar. "We'll take it from here," a gruff voice said. You felt yourself being lifted form the cart and slowly settled onto the ground.

You hissed between your teeth as light flooded the box, blinding you. A skeletal face peered down at you in surprise. "This isn't what you see everyday," he muttered and stepped back, giving you room to step out of the box. You opened your mouth to reply harshly and immediately closed it as a taller skeleton bounded into the room.

"SANS DID THE PACKAGE COME - " Papyrus halted in his tracks, his pinpricks for eyes staring at you in confusion. An expression of wonder turned into one of pure joy as he began to run towards you. You were plucked from the ground as if you weighed nothing more than a feather and swung across the room. "THIS IS THE BEST PRESENT EVER! I'VE ALWAYS WANTED A DOG!"

"Moo," you replied, an embarrassed blush racing to your cheeks after spotting Sans' amused smirk.

"IT EVEN SPEAKS DIFFERENT LANGUAGES!" Papyrus exclaimed and raced into the kitchen, returning a minute later with a makeshift collar.

Before you could protest, it was fastened around your neck. He tied a bell along with a cardboard name tag reading Papyrus Jr. You mumbled angrily to yourself and stormed into the bathroom, embracing the opportunity to tear it off.

The collar was fastened to your neck as if it had become a part of you. I hate skeleton magic, you thought bitterly and examined your clothes in the mirror. You wore a white blouse with a red bow tied around top. A blue skirt extended to the edges of your kneecaps. Your [H/C] hair was chopped to a much shorter length than you were accustomed to.

This won't do, you thought and exited the bathroom and began to scavenge through Sans' room. Much to your disappointment, you noticed that Sans only had many clothes, but were all the same outfit. You reluctantly took a blue coat and pants from a rack along with a blue hat. You grabbed a black tie and felt childish excitement well inside you. This might be the perfect revenge, you smirked and walked downstairs, near high.

"SANS LOOK! THE DOG HAS ALREADY DEVELOPED A GOOD TASTE IN FASHION!" Papyrus declared excitedly and dragged his brother into the living room. Sans stared at you, a look of mock horror on his face.

"You wouldn't dare," he growled as Papyrus dragged you outside. A growing crowd surrounded the two of you, laughing to themselves at how closely your outfit resembled Sans'. You cast a glance to see him slowly shrinking away from the window. This isn't over, he mouthed.

After the crowd had dispersed, Papyrus introduced you to a silver bowl on the ground. He lifted a brown bag and dumped dry contents into it. Is this dog food? you thought in disgust. You theory was confirmed by the triumphant grin on Sans' face.

"YOU MUST EAT!" Papyrus insisted, nudging you closer to the bowl. The pungent smell of processed meat flooded your nose and you reflexively flinched away from it. "ARE YOU SICK?" he asked and picked you from the ground, placing a skeletal hand to your forehead. "SANS, COULD THE DOG BE SICK?!"

"ENOUGH!" you roared, freeing yourself from Papyrus' grasp. "I am not a dog! My name is [Y/N], [Y/N] the human!"

An awkward silence followed your outburst. "THE DOG HAS LEARNED ENGLISH!" Papyrus clapped his hands together. "WAIT UNTIL UNDYNE HEARS ABOUT THIS!"

After Papyrus had left the room, Sans dropped the newspaper he had been reading and embraced you. "This still isn't over," you smirked as he pulled away from you. Sans chuckled lightly.

"So what exactly happened last time? I remember you died and everything faded to black..." Sans questioned, his eyesockets losing their friendly pinpricks. You assumed that he had already guessed the events that followed. You quickly filled him in on the fact that you had managed to gain control over the Final Reset but left Chara's threat out of the story.

"So why not reset to a better timeline? This isn't exactly paradise." Sans swept his hand across room, revealing the multiple cracks and shambles of the house he resided in.

"I can't choose which timeline I end up in," you retorted. "Besides, this timeline isn't as bad as the others we've been in."

Sans snorted. "Monsters and humans aren't exactly friends. We're doing all the dirty work form the humans, while they're picking us off one by one. Murder a monster? You might as well be a war hero. If a monsters murders a human?" Sans crumbled the newspaper into a ball and threw it across the room. A thin smile spread across his face as it landed inside the trash can. "You might as well start a war."

You shivered at the mention of a war between monsters and humans, memories of the death and destruction that had occurred threatened to spill over. "At least it's better than what we had," you said softly, staring at the floor.

"Better than nothing," Sans agreed.

The front door suddenly burst open as a tall fish woman bounded into the room. "PAPYRUS!" she roared. "You told me you had a dog! All I see is a - " Her eyes fell upon you, reflecting multiple emotions. The most prominent was hate. "Human," she growled, rolling up her sleeves to reveal a multitude of scars that most likely came from previous fights. "You took away everything from me."

You held your hands up, showing that you meant Undyne no harm. A threatening glare from Sans forced her to back up. "Whatever," she shook her head. "You're no worth my time."

"Undyne is a lot more..." you struggled to find the word as Undyne entered the kitchen from where Papyrus was putting together. "She's a lot more bitter than I remember."

"A few months ago, she and Alphys had been walking home when they were jumped by a group of humans. It didn't end well and Alphys ended up being hospitalized with internal bleeding. They could have saved her, but the doctors there deemed it as a waste of resources that could instead be used on saving other humans..."

"I'm sorry," you whispered, pain welling in your chest. Sans slowly got up from the couch and headed towards the kitchen.

"But hey, it's a lot better than what we had, right?"

You couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic.

There wasn't enough time to ask.

He was already gone.