Inktale Ending

The knife inserted into the base of his skull and with a sudden upward motion, you managed to sever the head from where it connected with the neck with a satisfied grunt. You stood there for a moment, observing as the headless corpse sank to its knees and withered into dust.

You inhaled sharply and turned to face Chara. "Are you happy?" you snarled and allowed the red knife to clatter to the floor. You winced at the sharp sound it produced, as if Ink's death had left an empty void that could never be filled.

You shook the memory from your mind and turned to survey the vast expanse of Sans around you. The eerily similar fixture brought back memories of Ink's death once more - but you forced them into the confines of your mind. That had been an alternate reality, one created by you.

A lump formed in your throat. How far you had come in the past few months. But now it would come to an end. Your family had perished during a nuclear holocaust and
the only option was to continue.

Did you really expect to travel from universe to universe for the rest of your life? To flirt with alternate version of Sans and repeat the process for eternity. Since the beginning you had known your adventure would end, but could you choose?

Of course you had known from the start whom you would choose. The other Sanses were simply background noise to the true version that beckoned you to them. Towards home, you thought with a slight smirk on your face.

Step by step you slowly approached Ink. His irises changed from blue question marks and finally to the bright yellow stars that always sent warm waves down your spine.

"M-Me?" he asked, staring down at the rainbow-colored soul fragment that was hovering in his hand. There was a slight expression of disbelief on his face, as if he wasn't quite sure that the soul belonged to him. "Why would you choose me?"

Without a reply, you took the soul fragment and slammed it into the missing portion in your [S/D] heart. For a moment, the two pieces were easily identifiable. Slowly, Ink's half melted into your soul color until it merged as one. An onrush of memories and emotions swept through you.

Your entire perspective on each Sans changed. You could recall millions of details about a specific character in each AU, how they were designed and the thousands upon thousands of ideas that backed each one. Each one felt special to you and you felt the desire to protect each one with your life.

You and Ink stood there in silence as one by one, each Sans slowly returned to their universe. You fought back the tears that threatened to spill over at each look they gave your way before disappearing forever. Lust, hate, greed, longing for a future that would never come, all seemed to resonate with you.

Did I make the right choice? you thought with a pang of regret and turned to face Ink.

He took a step closer to you, the friendly pinpricks that acted as his eyes had vanished leaving two empty eyesockets in their place. You took a step back, fear causing your body to tremble. "I-Ink?"

He shifted his paint brush onto one shoulder and brought it down to the ground with full force. You let out a small shriek as a wave of red rushed towards you. You raised your hands as a feeble attempt to shield yourself from whatever attack he had instigated.

Something wet splashed across your face.

"What the - " You shot Ink an angry glare upon realizing he had purposefully threw paint at you. "Not cool Ink," you mumbled and attempted to wipe some off your forehead.

You took a step closer to him, doing your best impression to look murderous. "It was just a joke [Y/N]..." Ink held his hands up in defense, his irises turned into red diamonds. You smeared your hand across a wet glob of paint on your sweater and pinned him to the ground.

"THIS WAS A NEW SWEATER!" you screeched and proceeded to draw the words FURRY across his skull. "Now you are my slave," you declared proudly and slowly hopped onto his back.

"Get off me!" Ink mumbled and purposefully stumbled, causing you to topple over him.

"I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF YOUR EGO!" you hollered and grabbed him by the brown sash that contained multiple vials of paint. In your favor, the containers of paint fell to the floor.

The day ended with Ink covered in multiple layers of paint, several phrases were also painted upon him such as WEABOO TRASH and [Y/N]'S PET. You emerged from the battle unscathed much to Ink's disappointment.

"Enough of this..." he mumbled and flicked his hand upwards, allowing the paint to disappear in a variety of rainbow-colored smoke. "I want to show you something
[Y/N]."

Curiously, you followed him through a complex series of portals that all resembled the infinite amount of multiverses. You finally stopped at a lone universe that seemed to be a vast expanse of grass.

But the sky was a completely different story.

Hand in hand, you stepped through the rift with Ink and slowly laid down on the grass. Multiple galaxies and star systems were sprawled across the sky in a vibrant haze of all shades of purples and blues. Thousands of stars twinkled in the night sky as comets streaked across the cloudless sky that seemed to dance on their own.

"It's beautiful," you breathed, pressing yourself closer to Ink. He stiffened for a moment as if physical contact was something he had not experienced in a very long time. After a brief moment, his arm slid across your stomach and pulled you towards him.

You rested your head on his shoulder and you felt a new emotion inside you.

It was not the fear of the unknown.

The guilt of leaving your past behind.

This emotion surpassed all of them. It was a feeling of belonging, that you were made for this universe and in turn Ink.

You were no longer afraid of what was to come.

Because when you were with Ink, anything seemed possible.