/26\

A/N: I've noticed that there's been a lot of confusion on this part. Please keep in mind that [Y/N] didn't kill G, he was killed by Chara as mentioned two chapters back. The one who you killed will be mentioned at the end of this chapter.

You held his head in your arms, cradling it back and forth. His skull was beginning to crack at edges as he slowly began to turn into dust.

All your fault.

___________________

You gathered the remains of G and placed them in a pile. For a while, you stared at the dust, a knot of emotions welled in your chest. Despite all the other Sans you had met, there was something about him that you couldn't quite place. An idea sprang into your mind.

You ran back towards Snowdin and pushed open the doors to the abandoned Grillby's. Stray plates and abandoned food were set in various places across the diner. You shuddered at the eeriness of the place, as if the monsters here had been eating one moment and then vanished the next.

Pushing aside your suspicions, you grabbed a lone ketchup that sat on the counter. You emptied the bottle of its contents - crusted over ketchup - and ran back towards where G had been murdered. Carefully, you began to scoop the ashes into the ketchup bottle. You screwed on the lid and then chucked it into a nearby river. You saluted as the bottle floated down the current and eventually out of sight.

That's a proper funeral, you thought, nodding in satisfaction at what you had accomplished.

A sudden wave of isolation washed over you. When G had been with you, the two of you had ignored that you were Theo only beings in the Underground. Now you were utterly alone, an uncertain future in front of you. Was there any escape from this universe?

Despite your current situation, you could not help but feel triumphant that you had bested Chara. Though you knew she could kill you if she truly set her mind to it, the small victory gave you courage.

"He's gone."

"I killed him."

"Isn't that fun?!"

You staggered backwards, clutching your forehead. You let out a soft moan as an onrush of emotions welled over you. Guilt seemed the most prominent, but from what you did not know.

What happens now [Y/N]?

What happens when they find out?

And suddenly, you could make out a face in the blur of visions that raced through your mind. The empty, lifeless eyesockets that were slowly cracking at the edges, turning into dust. You began to shake, the horror of what you would do in the future gnawing away at your sanity.

Why him?

A cold laugh sounded from behind you. Frantically, you whipped your head around only to see nothing. Chills racked up your spine and you began to stand up, trying to escape from whatever invisible entity was pursuing you.

The laugh echoed once more, this time much closer. "Who's there?!" you snapped, your hand falling to the pocket knife in your back pocket. The entity did not respond.

It was only then did you realize the source of the noise.

It was you.

You let out a howl and clutched your head, falling to the ground. You couldn't have killed him. Why him out of all people?

"[Y/N]," a voice chided close to you. A cold hand placed itself on your shoulder, giving you a reassuring squeeze. "Come on my radical bro slice, we need you."

"W-What?" you looked upwards to see a Sans dressed in 1980's clothing hovering over you. Several nyon filters seemed to surround him.

"Sorry about that home slice," he apologized and waved his hand, the filters disappearing. You relaxed slightly as your eyes adjusted.

"What happened?" you asked, a slight tremor to your voice.

"As I'm sure you are already aware of, sometime in the near future, Chara manages to gather some of our fellow amigos and makes you kill one of them which is a totally unradical thing to do," he begins to explain. Purple flames spark from underneath his glasses as he continues. "The emotion you felt during that time was strong enough to be broadcasted to every version of yourself in the timeline. So all at once, past, present, and future versions of yourself are feeling pretty untastic right now."

"Untastic?" you asked, struggling to comprehend the nature of this Sans.

He nods, deeply moved by the fact that someone was catching on to his language. "The name's Fresh by the way," he extended his hand towards you. You reluctantly shook it, wincing at the fireworks that shot out of a small whoopee cushion in his hand.

"The old firework whoopee cushion trick. It works every time," he chuckled and shoved his hand back into his coat pocket.

"The event in the future..." A bitter tone edged your voice. "Can it be avoided?"

"As much as a radical bro like me would like to change such an unpleasant vibe event, I'm guessing that your unfriendly ham slice Chara has it set in stone."

Ham slice? you wondered and then silently scolded yourself. Fresh had used much stranger language.

"Now what do you say?" Fresh cocked his head to one side, his brightly colored glasses sliding down his skull. You manage to catch a glimpse of his eyesockets and felt horror well in your chest. One of his irises was the normal pinprick that you were accustomed to, but the other one was much more demonic. It was an upside-down purple heart that seemed to blaze with a fury of its own.

Fresh seemed unfazed by your reaction to his eyes, as if he had grown used to it. "Why me?" you choked out the words, tearing your gaze away from his demonic eye.

"There's some funky business going down in the multiverse..." Fresh explained, rocking back and forth anxiously. "And your positive vibes would help chill things down."

He means there's a war starting, you thought, remembering Geno's warning about an upcoming battle between several of the universes. And the outcome could be drastic if I don't help.

Another realization struck you. Is the war causing universes like G's to glitch? Is that why all the monsters here seemed to have suddenly vanished?

Without hesitation, you stood up from where you had been sitting. "I'll go," you replied, a newfound determination rushing through you. Fresh seemed pleased by this and interlocked his elbow with your's.

"That was a fresh choice you made," he noted and waved his hand. Your surroundings immediately melted away and you were transported to a white room.

All around you, several windows revealed forming multiverse. You couldn't help but catch a glimpse at Weapontale, pleased to see that a storyline was forming for the AU.

However, you couldn't shake the feeling of emptiness that seemed to surround this very room.

Because without Ink, you felt very, very alone.