THE DREAM

There is a true god of the Underworld.

Sent as a man with crippling depression, he would test the morals of many who came by him. If they were kind, they would get nothing. If they treated him poorly, they got nothing. This was a beneficial system.

What was the god's name you ask?

He went by Burgerpants.

He was a modest fellow who lived on the streets and lived off leftover Glamburgers. He was subject to the wrath of Mettaton's anger and was often left with an involuntary twitch in his left eye by the end of the day. On this day you found yourself in a garbage dumpster, desperately searching for food.

"You're not going to find anything in there," a rather fat cat taunted you.

"Yeah like omg how disgusting," a tall sewer alligator echoed her friend.

You ignored the other dumpster divers and happily produced a molding apple. "You're not going to eat that, right?" the cat woman looked at you in disgust as you took a bite out of the rotting food.

"That's our property," the sewer alligator growled and took a step closer to you. Her fangs were bared in a snarl as a low growl resonated in her throat.

"Ladies," a smooth voice sang from above you. Chills ran through your spine at the heavenly tone that embodied it. "There is no need to fight for such food."

Immediately, the apple in your hand transformed into a sparkling burger. Delight raced through you and you took a bite from the burger, feeling the cavities immediately settle in your teeth. It was worth it.

A cat dressed in a white robe stepped in the middle between you and the dumpster divers. His fur was oranger than that of a sunset. His eyes reflected that of a setting sun and yet an unbearable sadness seemed to glisten in his pupils. You found this mysterious magic man rather captivating. You took a step forward and produced a plastic spider ring you had snagged from a cupcake.

"I know we just met," you stammered, your voice choking with overwhelming emotion, "but I have never met someone as mysterious as you. Will you marry me?"

A vast silence followed, excluding the occasional snap of a phone camera as the sewer alligator posted your proposal on Snapchat. "This is totally Internet famous!" she gasped.

The mysterious cat narrowed his eyes and stared at a fixed point the distance. "Alas, I cannot accept your proposal [Y/N] for the great burden of marriage would prevent me from helping others like you."

A burning jealousy consumed you. You threw the spider ring to the ground and crushed it with your foot. "You mean that you have done this before?!" Tears streamed down your cheeks. "After everything we've been through, I find out that you are cheating on me!"

He was at a loss for words. "I-I didn't know you felt that way about me [Y/N]."

"I've always felt that way about you," you looked back into his eyes, hoping that he shared the same love that you felt for him. "Please..." His name suddenly came to mind. "Burgerpants, please marry me."

"I am a god [Y/N]. I cannot marry a mortal like you, no matter how much I may love you. It is unprecedented for monster kind."

You nodded, suddenly understanding the great burden that fell upon Burgerpant's shoulders. "How much you must sacrifice to endure the wrath of Mettaton for the sake of monsters," you smiled and took a step back. He straightened himself and walked towards the two dumpster divers.

He flicked his wrist and they transformed into two Glamburgers. He stuffed them into his pockets and walked back into the neighboring hotel. A sudden emotion washed over you that blocked out all others. Even if Burgerpants was a god, you HAD to make him love you.

"What about me?" a lonely voice muttered from behind you.

Sans stood a few feet away from you, betrayal showing on his face. "Though I am no equal to the god that is Burgerpants, can't you find some place in your heart to love me?"

You got down to one knee so that you were eye level with him. "Sans, there are enough Sans x Reader fan fictions on Wattpad. For now - just this once - this chapter will be dedicated as a Burgerpants x Reader."

Sans nodded, a look of newfound respect for you showing on his face. "You make history today [Y/N]. I am proud of you." He handed you a silver knife. "Now go and kill every monster that stands between you and your love for Burgerpants. Make me proud."

You nodded, your mouth pressed into a thin smile. "I will."

As you walked into the hotel, you noticed a long line to a small diner. Hatred rushed through you at the thought of Burgerpants - your god - being forced to serve low monsters when he should be serving you. You immediately began stabbing multiple monsters until a trail of dust followed you to the entrance of the MTT Emporium.

"Are you proud of me?" you flashed Burgerpants a sadistic grin.

He remained hesitant for a moment, his eyes flickering to the dusty knife and then back to your twitching face. "You're just like me now," he murmured. "We're both dead inside." He grabbed your hand and you frolicked to the entrance if the hotel.

"wHerE dO yOu tHiNk yOu aRe GoInG?" a robotic voice growled from behind you.

A demented shake lumbered towards you, a fusion between Mettaton and Sans. "I had to fuse with Mettaton," Sans' voice explained. "Otherwise you would have abandoned me for Burgerpants."

You narrowed your eyes at the thought of Sans betraying you. "So be it," you growled and stabbed the fusion in the rib cage. You smirked as you watched them crumble into dust.

You staggered back, new emotions filling you. "I've just been... triggered..." you gasped.

Burgerpants embraced you in a tight hug. "I'm here for you," he whispered.

"No you're not," you hissed.

And then you stabbed him.

And then you died.

And then you woke up.

_________________

This is art right here.

This is poetry.

This is...

Idk anymore