Scars To Your Beautiful

I will be making a super cute one shot in a few hours. Enjoy!
•••
just wants to be beautiful
She goes unnoticed, she knows no limits
She craves attention, she praises an image

You were always insecure, but the thoughts were really getting to you and putting you down.

You thought you were too fat, too ugly, not good enough, not beautiful, had a big nose, had too pale skin, and your under eye bags were too dark.

You were becoming depressed because you would never get a boyfriend or be happy.

You were putting yourself down. People tried to help you, but none of their words could erase your self conscious thoughts.

You wanted to be beautiful. You wanted to be happy and have nice clothes, hair, and perfect makeup.

You wanted to be like the Aphrodite girls, but you knew you would never be as perfect as them.

You were unnoticed most of the time because you were too quiet and shy. The only time you were noticed is when you did something embarrassing, like trip and fall.

You wanted to be noticed, but you hated to be the center of attention. You were awkward when everyone had their eyes on you.

You wanted attention from everyone. You didn't think anybody loved you or cared about you.

Of course you had friends, but you knew they didn't care about you because they would constantly put you down day by day.

You knew they would joke around, but their words still stung. You didn't want to tell them because you would feel bad that you made them feel bad.

But you had a best friend named Leo Valdez. He constantly told you that he cared about you, but you still didn't believe him.

You praised the skinny girls and models. You wanted to be just like them because you felt that the only way to be pretty, was to be skinny.

She prays to be sculpted by the sculptor
Oh, she don't see the light that's shining
Deeper than the eyes can find it
Maybe we have made her blind
So she tries to cover up her pain and cut her woes away
'Cause covergirls don't cry after their face is made

You prayed each night to Aphrodite that she made you skinny, but Aphrodite wouldn't make it that easy.

She may be the goddess of love and beauty, but it felt as if she was purposely playing games with you.

You knew she would never do you this huge favor because you didn't do anything to deserve it.

You expected that Aphrodite would do it out of pity, but half of you knew she wouldn't do that.

People always told you that you were thin and pretty, but you continued to not believe them.

You didn't feel good in your own body. Everyday, you stare at your stomach with a sad expression because you think it's fat.

You didn't know that your friends were having a discussion about you. Even if you knew, you wouldn't care.

"She can't see the light that's shining." Piper whispered to Jason, her boyfriend who is the son of Jupiter.

"How can her eyes not see her beauty?" Leo blurted out.

"I think Aphrodite made her blind to herself because she can't see how amazing she is." Percy said while grasping Annabeth's hand and kissing it.

You were getting more and more depressed. You tried to cover your pain with happiness.

Your friends believed that you were happier, but you knew that there was one particular person who thought otherwise.