Breathe

You pressed snooze on your phone as the blaring alarm sound loudly woke you up. Not knowing what alarm it was, you looked at the clock operated by your cable box. Ah, 6:15. You still had half an hour to sleep.

You yanked your (f/c) bed comforter tightly in a fist, pulling it over your body and concealing the body heat to keep you warm and cozy on the cool spring mornings. You sighed happily before dosing off into a little nap.

What felt like five minutes passed. Your phone alarm went off, except this time it sounded like an air horn was right next to your ear. You jolted awake, startled by the noise. Squinting your eyes, you once again looked at the cable box clock. 6:45. Time to get ready for school.

Moving the covers off of your warm body was a very hard task to do every morning. There was only two weeks left of school, and you couldn't wait to sleep in all summer. Just the thought of sleeping made you smile. Sleeping was your version of happiness- and food of course.

You opened your closet to search what you wanted to wear. You settled on a pair of dark jeans and a (favorite band) tee shirt. Oh, how you loved them. You made sure everything was in your book bag. Laptop-check. Notebooks from last night's homework- check. Pencils-check.

You grabbed a pair of socks, slipped them on, and then slipped on your shoes. You quickly tied your shoe laces before heading to the bathroom to brush your teeth.

While brushing your teeth, you overthought a lot of things. You were anxious if people would judge your outfit. It didn't matter if you liked it. It mattered if the popular people- the big 'hot shots'- of the school liked it. You were worried that your homework was going to be wrong. Especially your geometry homework. You still had a little bit of English homework to do, but you could rush and do it before French.

After brushing your teeth, you grabbed your book bag and slung it over your shoulder. You waited by the window waiting for your ride to arrive. You hoped they didn't pick you up late because they tend to do that often. It irritated you because you feel extremely rushed when you're late, even though first period bell doesn't ring 20 Minutes after you usually get to school. When you feel rushed, you get anxious and it turns into a bad day.

As you expected, they arrived at 7:20. Late. You hurried out the door, got in the car, and sat there silently while your ride drove you to school. Your ride put it on the radio, and it was songs that you didn't like. Whenever a twenty one pilots song would come on, she would change it because she thought twenty one pilots were "satanists", when they were quite the opposite.

                   --- arrived at school ---

You walked into school and went straight to your locker. Luckily, your locker was by the backdoor, so you didn't have to walk through the crowd to get to your safe spot. You swiftly rotated the lock to your locker combination, nicely unlocking your locker and preparing your books for first period- French.

There was still 15 minutes before the bell would ring, but you liked to get to class early and finish your homework due in the next few periods. Consisted in the homework was also studying. That was what you were doing because you had an English vocabulary quiz.

You always waited last minute to study, yet you still managed to get at least a B on the quizzes. Sometimes you would get better grades than your friends who studied everyday.

First period bell rang, and French class began.

"Bonjour! Comment ça va?" Madame began class. (Good morning. How are you?)

Many responses were shouted and said. You yawned while managing to say a "J'ai sommeil." (I'm tired.) A few people you talked to around you heard what you said, and said, "Moi aussi!" (Me too!)