You Are Beautiful

Hahahaha it's a Twenty Øne Piløts song fic. Modern AU and not proofread.
•••
Open the slits in your face and start your day
You don't have much time to make your slits look just right
I'm in your mind
I'm singing
I'm in your mind
I'm singing la-da la-da la-da la-da la-da la-da da

You were asleep, but had this feeling that you were sleeping in late. You shot out of your bed and looked at the clock.

You overslept half an hour. You widened your eyes and looked next to your sleeping husband in bed.

You kissed him on the cheek before running to your closet to get your work clothes.

You scrambled to put them on. You hurried and brushed your hair and put it in a quick but pretty braid.

You widened your eyes once you realized you didn't have enough time to make your eyes and face perfect with makeup.

You were always insecure. You liked to hide your insecurities with happiness and makeup.

You didn't believe you were beautiful enough. You walked in the bathroom after you remembered your shoes were in there from when you took a shower the previous night.

You looked at yourself in the mirror and looked down because you didn't look beautiful.

You put your head in your hands because the thoughts were overwhelming you.

You heard footsteps coming from your room to the master bathroom. Soon enough, there was your curly haired husband wrapping his strong arms around you.

He nuzzled his tired self in the crook of your neck and left a sloppy, wet kiss that caused you to shudder.

"Is it one of those days?" Leo asked gently.

You should your head yes and Leo turned you around to hug you tightly into his chest.

You lightly cried into his chest. Leo tightened his warm arms around your figure.

"You're beautiful." Leo whispered.

Leo's words repeated over and over in your mind, but you still didn't believe them. Even if they were coming from your own husband...

Look in the mirror and ask your soul if you're alright
Put on the glitter that your soul hides behind
You're in my mind
I'm singing
You're in my mind
I'm singing la-da la-da la-da la-da la-da la-da da

Leo always tells you to look in the mirror and ask yourself if you are okay today.

You looked at Leo with lost eyes and he nodded, knowing exactly what you were going to do.

You turned yourself around, but Leo's arms and bare chest were still cuddled with you.

"Am I okay?" You asked yourself.

You knew you weren't okay. Your eyes became glossy with tears and you looked at Leo, wanting to see his reaction.

He walked out of the bathroom and you slid down to your knees, sitting on the bathroom floor.

He was probably tired of you always being like this, but this is the first time he's actually left.

You hear him talking on the phone, but you don't know who he's talking to. Probably Jason asking him to pick him up.

You see Leo come back and sit on the ground next to you. He pulls you into his chest and rocks you back and forth.

"I called your work and said you couldn't come in because you're sick." Leo whispered.

You hugged Leo tightly while he kissed you everywhere he could reach: your neck, shoulder, collarbone, cheeks, forehead, anywhere.

Leo rubbed your back and you were getting exhausted and restless in his arms.

You loved being in Leo's arms though. You and Leo were a newly married couple, only married for three months.

You and Leo wanted a baby in your lives, so maybe you both would try to have one soon.

Leo stood up with you in his arms. Your legs were wrapped around his torso while your face was buried in his shoulder.

"Now (Y/N), I want you to look in the mirror and use what you use to cover up your sadness."

Leo sat you on the vanity and you say cross legged in front of the mirror. You forced a fake smile, but it turned into a frown.

You scooted toward Leo and rested your head in his chest. He ran his fingers through your hair because he knew what happened.

"I can't do it..." You mumbled into his chest.

Leo's thoughts were clouded of memories of you both when you were actually happy.

Everything changed one day for no particular reason, but he knew what it feels to be depressed because he was once depressed to.

Know where you were made holy
Open up your mind and see
Open up your eyes and see
The clouds above will hold you
The clouds above will sing
Ahhhhaaa Ahhhhhaaaa
And in your mind
You're singing la-da la-da la-da la-da la-da la-da da

He picked you up bridal style and took you to the bed. He sat down with your legs wrapped around him.

"Just remember that God made you holy and amazing. He created a beautiful and intelligent human being that I can call my wife. You're going to be the mother of our children and they will love you very much. When you weren't even born yet, the Angels were probably holding this beautiful creature. That's probably what they're doing now with our babies."

You cracked a smile and looked at Leo. You loved how philosophical he was being and how he said babies, meaning he wanted more than just one.

"The Angels will sing beautiful choruses with our children, just like they did with you and me. You're the most beautiful women I have ever laid eyes on. I'm glad I married you and I wouldn't change it for the world. I love you."

You leaned in and began to slowly close your eyes. Leo cupped your cheeks and leaned in fully, leaving a sweet and passionate kiss on your lips.

"I love you."

"I love you too."
•••
So, how was it?

I think it was really cute.

Love you guys💙❤️