Jinx!

**Hi guys! So this is kind of an early update for me! It's 12:40 in the morning and I promised you guys a double update on Monday. And it's Monday now, I guess. I hope you guys all have a happy and productive labor day!**

Aceso's POV

I lunged for the microwave and yanked the door open as stealthily as I could before it beeped. I smirked and patted myself on the back as the timer read 00:00.

Nailed it.

Leaning my back against the kitchen island, I brought the mug of warmed up milk to my lips. I took a greedy sip and nearly moaned at the comforting taste that encased my mouth. Ever since I was a little girl, this was the only thing that could ease my restlessness enough to help me fall sleep.

Because I was lost in my lactose-induced paradise, I hadn't heard the quiet shuffling of feet on the kitchen tiles coming towards me.

"Mind if I join your one woman party?" A sweet feminine voice spoke out behind me. Startled, I whipped around - effectively splashing my milk all over my pajamas - and cursed under my breath. I glanced up, finally getting a good look at her. The second our eyes met, an unusual warmth spread throughout my chest, but it disappeared before I could identify its origin. My wolf whimpered once before settling down.

"If you did, then it wouldn't be a one woman party, now would it?" I teased, the edges of my lips pulling up into a playful smirk. She giggled at my comment and then focused her eyes on the cup I had cradled in my hand.

"Is that-"

"Warm milk." We said at the same time.

"Jinx!" We then both yelled again. A few seconds of silence passed between us before we burst out laughing. She shushed me between giggles, no doubt trying to keep us from waking up every she-wolf in the building; or even worse, one of the Alpha couples that were chaperoning us.

"So, you can't sleep either?" She questioned before occupying the barstool directly across the counter from where I was standing. I nodded, grabbing the gallon that I had just put back in the refrigerator mere minutes ago and began to warm her up a cup of her own, sensing that was her reason for being down in the kitchen in the first place.

"Not at all. My wolf has been restless ever since we arrived. It was only when she started whining that I knew there was no way in hell I was getting any shut eye without a little cat beer." I said, nudging my head at my half empty cup that now rested on the granite top.

"No way! You call it that too? I thought it was just me and my dad!" She exclaimed, excitement gleaming in her eyes. I couldn't help but smile along with her as I handed over her own mug, careful not to burn myself.

"I read it on this website once when I was like ten and it's stuck with me ever since. My parents nearly shit their pants when I said it. They interrogated me for nearly an hour trying to figure out where I learned what beer was. I guess it never dawned on them that I didn't actually know." I rolled my eyes as the memory faded into the recesses of my mind once again. She snorted in response before a comfortable silence ascended between us.

I was amazed how easy it was to talk to her. She was a complete stranger yet I was getting along with her better than I ever got along with Mickie sometimes. I didn't even know her name, but I felt as if we've known each other our whole lives. She even managed to somewhat calm my wolf's unease.

I studied her features while she graciously sipped her drink. Her pin straight, midnight black hair fell just slightly past her shoulders, and she had these absolutely stunning emerald green eyes that were framed by thick black eyelashes. She looked like she belonged on a runway in Milan or Paris. I was instantly envious of her unreal cheekbones; they were so sharp, I'm pretty sure they could cut a bitch.