Bad Timing

**PSA - LONG AUTHOR'S NOTE AHEAD! It's been a hot minute since I've updated, and I'm sorry for that. I feel like I always have an excuse for why I haven't updated. I had formal on friday (lots of grinding with random boys - oops) and I had a three page paper due over an hour long bio movie and a seven page personal narrative due on Tuesday - along with a math exam and a bio exam. Like I said - life is crazy.

I want to personally thank and send every single one of you and virtual hug. Knox's girl has almost 700K reads now - YES 700K - and I'm almost to a thousand follows. That is fucking crazy to me. The support you all have show me has been absolutely insane. I'm so sorry I can't reply to everyone's comments (on either story) I just simply don't have enough time - though I do try and read them all. I just want to say how incredibly blessed I feel. I love you all so much. Thank you.

ALSO THIS UPDATE MIGHT HAVE SOME ERRORS FOR THAT AND I'M SORRY. PLEASE ENJOY ANYWAY.**

Aceso's POV

I lay in Xavier and I's bed, trying my best to force my mind to shut off so that I could fall asleep. The fact that it's only late afternoon, I haven't had dinner (something my growling stomach just informed me of), and the fact that Xavier is plaguing my thoughts has made my attempts practically impossible. He's such a stupid, stupid man. Thinks he can just growl at me and flash his canines to get his way. I think fucking not.

With a frustrated groan, I heave myself up and cross my arms over my chest in frustration as my feet dangle over the side of the bed. I wanted to scream I was so pissed off, but I could also cry, but I also really fucking wanted some pancakes. With chocolate chips. Maybe even some peanut butter on top. Or all three combined... yes, that sounds divine right about now.

My mouth watered as I made my way down to the kitchen. I wanted to laugh that with everything going on in my life right now, my number one priority had become making myself a giant heaping plate of pancakes, devouring them, and then sleeping for the next 48 hours. I was just so tired. Swinging the refrigerator door open I began grabbing all the ingredients that I needed to make my food fantasy a reality. I was in the middle of mixing the batter when my phone began going off, the annoying alarm ringtone blaring throughout the kitchen. I quickly wiped my hands off on a towel and picked it up, nearly shitting myself when I read the message sprawled across my screen.

BUY TAMPONS!

Fuck! I can't believe I nearly forgot! Thank God I set myself a reminder, otherwise I would've totally forgot that my period was coming in about a week and I had yet to stock up on all my lady products since arriving at my true birth pack. I was about to send Alethia a quick text asking if she had some extra stuff I could steal just in case I wasn't able to make it to the store amongst all the shit that was going on as of right now, but then Xavier sauntered into the kitchen. I bristled towards him before turning my back to him and plopping a dollop of batter onto the pan that'd been heating up.

"Aceso." He barked out, trying to get my attention. He was clearly annoyed with my ignorance of his presence. He released a deep sigh before rounding the kitchen island and leaning his hip against the counter right next to where I was cooking.

"Baby, you have to understand." He tried once again, but I was having none of it. I didn't have to understand jack shit. He wanted to mercilessly execute one of my best friends without a single regard to how that would make me feel. It's not that I don't understand where he's coming from in his need to protect me, but there's absolutely no reason for him to kill Leighton. Not when he risked his ass to come here and see me for what I knew was a very serious reason. What he didn't know was that I have full intentions of waiting until he was dead asleep tonight to sneak out and go visit him in his holding cell. I knew the idea itself was fucking stupid, which is why I intended to take a few guards with me. There were a couple that I knew were more empathetic than most of the lot, so I intended to use that knowledge to my advantage.