Won't End Well

**Sorry for the little mistake I made in the plot in the last chapter. I've since fixed it and another chapter is my apology for that. Hope you guys like (also crossing my fingers that this chapter was one of the ones I didn't edit after finishing the story...) Enjoy!**

Aceso's POV

I didn't know what to say. I was totally, and utterly speechless for two significant reasons.

One, Xavier never mentioned anything about having a sister.

And two, I've only ever seen Xavier shed a few tears on one other occasion and that was during our doctor's appoint just a few weeks ago. But this wasn't one or two tears, oh no, this was full on sobs. It was heartbreaking. No, more like shattering.

My wolf growled at me in the back of my mind and I immediately jolted out of my state of shock and pulled Xavier's head into the crevice between my neck and shoulder. I ran my hands soothingly from his head to the top of his back, murmuring words here and there to comfort him.

"Lets go to our room, okay?" I whispered against his ear. His body continued to shudder from his deep heaves, but I was able to feel the slight movement of his head nodding up and down in agreement.

After guiding him up the stairs, into our room, and towards the edge of our bed, I finally asked him the question that'd been right on the tip of my tongue.

"I thought you said only you and 12 other men survived the attack?" I asked, cupping his cheeks between my hands and gently rubbing my fingers over his smooth skin, loving the slight roughness and resistance that his stubble gave against my fingers.

"So did I. It's her. I know it's her, Aceso." He rasped out, a fresh wave of tears spilling from his red, bloodshot eyes. I wiped the wet tracks away before speaking.

"I know, baby. I believe you, but why didn't you tell me about her before? You told me all about your family but you never once mentioned her." I said, a little hurt that he wasn't completely honest with me when he said he was an only child.

"After the accident, I told myself I never had a sister. I chose to forget all about her because it hurt so bad to think about. That I wasn't able to protect my little sister, who looked up to me and depended on me and put her faith in me. It tore me apart, Aceso." He said, a slight whimper to his voice.

"Don't," I scolded giving him a harsh look, "don't do that to yourself. I know for a fact that you gave your all to keep the ones you loved safe. You're the most compassionate, amazing man I've ever met and I don't doubt for a second that you tried your best to keep her safe." I said fiercely, leaving no room for argument. He leaned down, because even sitting down with me in between his legs he was still taller than me, and kissed me deeply while pulling me closer to his body.

"She forgot about me..." He said, voice no louder than a whisper.

"What?" I asked. My brows furrowed in confusion.

"She looked right at me and didn't recognize me at all. She had no idea who I was." He muttered, looking utterly broken. My inner wolf whined so loud I flinched.

"That's ridiculous, Xavier. She's been through a lot, you both have. Give her some time before you try and talk about what happened, okay? Lie down and get some rest. I'm gonna go make you some food. I'll bring it up when I'm done." I instructed before pecking his lips and beginning to make my way down stairs.

I entered the kitchen to see a freshly showered and clothed Leighton, as well as his mate seated right next to him nibbling on a small peanut butter and jelly sandwich.