On A Mission

**Okay, so I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to upload more frequently than one a week, but while I'm doing that I'm going to begin working on Troy's Story! GET PUMPED PEOPLE! I'm going to really try hard and make Troy's story and plot really intricate and different so we'll see! I hope you guys like this chapter!**

Aceso's POV

I would like to say the last two weeks have flown by, but that would be a bald-faced lie. Xavier's been hovering around me 24/7 – even worse than before, which I never thought to be possible. He almost tried to tell me I wasn't allowed to walk down the stairs on my own and that I had to be carried. That conversation went real well.

"Would you please stop pacing, Xav? It'll be fine!" I tried reasoning. He's been jittery ever since we went to bed last night. Having not been at the first ultrasound, he doesn't know what to expect and it's making him anxious and jumpy.

"How about we leave now? We don't want to be late, baby." He said, pleading me with his eyes. I restrained from rolling my own at his ridiculousness.

"Xavier, babe, our appointment isn't for another 30 minutes and it's only a five minute walk to the doctor's office from here." I spoke slowly, trying to get it through his thick skull. I knew it was no use though. If he wanted to go now, he was going to make it happen. Blushing in response to my words, he nodded.

"I'm just excited is all. I didn't get to be at the first one so while you've already gotten the experience of seeing our child, I haven't." He said, bringing his hand up to rest against my belly protectively. Guilt ate away at my insides from his words. Of course I'm not happy that I did what I did, but damn it! I was pissed at him and I wasn't thinking straight. "Stop that. It's not your fault your hormones got the best of you. These things happen." He said with conviction, having sensed my internal battle.

"Why don't we head over now and see if she's ready early?" I suggested, knowing he doesn't want to wait another second. A breathtaking smile overtook his face. Standing up, he swooped me into his arms and kissed my cheek. I giggled to myself as he carried me, bridal style, all the way to the doctors.

**

"Look at you! You're already noticeably showing!" The doctor commented as we walked into the examination room. I laughed and nodded in agreement, rubbing my tummy in soothing circles. "Alright, well lets get this thing going, shall we?" She asked, looking back and forth between Xavier and I. After Xavier refusing to let me hop up onto the table, and instead lifting me up himself, we were finally able to get the fun part of the appointment started.

"Alright, Ms. Luna, same procedure as last time. Here comes the cold gel." She said, giving me a forewarning, unlike the last time. Soon, there was the same white, pixilated image displayed on the screen. The only difference was that this time around it was a slightly bigger and more noticeable.

"There's your baby!" The doctor said with excitement while pointing at the computer monitor.

"It's developing perfectly! Would you like to hear the heartbeat?" She asked, looking directly at Xavier.

"Yes, please." He answered immediately, sounding a little breathless. Seconds later a loud whooshing noise filled the room. I gripped Xavier's hand that was holding mine hard as I watched tears well up in his eyes. One slipped out and began to cascade down his cheek, but I wiped it away before it got too far.

"I never thought I'd get to experience this...thank you." He whispered against my lips before kissing me soundly, the salty taste of his tears mixing with his familiar peppermint one.

"You don't need to thank me. I'm just as lucky to have an amazing mate like you." I mumbled, leaning my forehead against his. I heard a throat clear next to me and backed away from Xavier, embarrassed that the doctor saw our intimate moment of affection.