Chapter 2

*NARRATOR'S POV*

"Boo."

Louis' automatic reaction - as is the nature of any human who is caught by an unknown person with force - is to push free of this muscle cage. He's nowhere near the amassed amount of strength needed to break free and ends up fussing in futility. His chest cavity tightens with horrid fear clogging his trachea and his fingernails are close to tearing holes through the fabric of his own sweater.

"Get off!" He squirms and tries twisting himself out of the second brother's hold desperately.

Suddenly the arms are gone and he's falling to the ground in a tumble. His skull is almost beat open with a severe impact with the concrete but his hands brace his fall so he ends up with mere scrapes on his palms. His fringe gets in his eye and he sputters a bit from the lump in his throat finally releasing him.

The laughter doesn't ease up though. Two deep voices are contributing to the same hoard of amusement and Louis feels his resolve get a little hotter.

"What kind of game was that?!" He stands up quickly, dusts off his knees where he's certain there are painful scrapes.

His form was shorter but is anger made him noticeable enough. One of the brothers pauses in his cackling - the one who captured Louis with dark brown hair - but his amusement stayed predominantly on his face.

"The world is uptight enough, darlin'." He says, voice like warm honey with the hidden threat of rose bush thorns when you drank it in. "We've been looking forward to meeting you."

Finally the blond one moves away from the window with a smirk hailing from the seventh pit of Hell that made Louis' tummy swoop. He sits in one of the two chairs opposite a single one, drumming his short fingernails on the steel table patiently.

"What were you hoping to achieve by scaring me?" Louis is certain he's red in the face, not as a result of the two sets of deep green eyes staring at him or the flexing of artful jaws beneath pale skin.

"One of two things." The darker haired one sits as well except he takes the seat Louis is supposed to have, leaving the only available chair next to his deranged brother.

Louis sucks in a sharp breath and steels himself. He will not be intimidated. "One of those two things has to be an extra week in this Hell because that's exactly what you're getting."

The blond one - Louis really has to learn who's who amongst them - smirks with the exposure of two alarmingly sharp teeth. Louis now feels the shiver he neglected to experience with Nick.

"I like him." He says, steeped in humourless appraisal.

Brother Dark Hair - nicknames Grizzly in Louis' head - regards Brother Blond - nicknamed Stark in Louis' head - with a little surprise. Stark says nothing to his brother but that seems to be exactly what Grizzly is expecting. Louis decides this meeting is over.

"I'll file your paperwork then. Have a nice day."

He never should have turned his back on two crazy people in an asylum.

The realisation strikes him the same time as the wall collides with his back harshly. He hisses and surely heard a crack of knuckles somewhere above the blood thumping in his brain. His struggle is made silly by Stark's abrupt appearance.

All the light is blocked out by the taller man's shadow, looming over Louis like a formidable tower. He takes Louis' wrists and pins them to the wall behind his back, creating a painful surge of energy through his veins. Louis opens his mouth to scream and a hand closes over his mouth, crushing that hope.