Chapter 46

One. Two.

The first person stopped as it was extremely close to the edge of the dark cloud. The second continued until at that region.

Three. Four.

"Petal."

*NARRATOR'S POV*

Louis' head snaps up towards the sound, the human voice that he knows better than his postal address and blood type. His eyes alone feel powerful enough to peel back the curtains of darkness that prevent him from seeing that person clearly.

He bites his lips, feeling rejuvenated and hopped up on the possibility that he's not hallucinating. His back arches away from the chair and the object creaks, trying to retain its prisoner but existing as if it's on Louis' side by shifting forward with his nudges.

Out of the cloaks of black unknown clouds comes a face, one of two, that Louis has been longing for all this time. He makes a compromising sound in the pit of his throat like a whine and whimper at the same time, neck craning painfully in Harry's direction.

Seeing Harry rush towards him and land at his knees before Louis, has the boy starting to babble nonsense. His mind could be playing a trick on him after such severe dehydration and lack of nutrition. Fortunately, it's all ripe and true when the second shadow materialises and there Edward is striding over to him.

"Edw-Edward-"

"Petal." Edward cups Louis' cheek and gives him a tender, loving kiss that spoke the thousand words for him. "Hush, baby. You're safe now."

There's no one else that comes after them and even if Louis knows they have to get out of here before that changes, he can't wait for Harry to finish undoing the rounds of tape on his body so he can revel in the happiest moment of his life. Edward rips through the tape at his back and arms with a pocket knife, bringing Louis' nearly blue hands to his lips and kissing them with soothing massages of his fingers to bring them back to life.

Louis let's his reassurance of security bring his mind to a settled, calm frame of functioning. He feels Harry's scattered kisses from his neck to his knees as the man goes lower and lower releasing him from his binds. His vision is blurred by tears that have been withheld and his body falls forward once those restraints disappear, although his ankles are still strapped to the chair legs.

The relief floods him like the shield of a giant weighing heavy on his shoulders but being the best mass to carry. His body sags so suddenly and into Harry's lap that the chair also tips over. Harry circles his shoulders with his arm, holding back the chair with one vibrating arm that shook from the exertion.

"Petal." Harry peppers the side of his neck and face with kisses. "Petal, my love. You're with us now."

That familiar cologne of Harry's fills and dominates Louis' senses, his hands curling into the man's half buttoned shirt. He wraps his arms around Harry's neck and shudders through his uncontrollable sobs into the man's neck.

Edward cuts through the remaining tape and flings the chair aside, making it his worst enemy of that time. He just about starts to feel the yearning himself when Louis falls into his arms and brings him down to the ground as well.

"Shh, baby." Edward squeezed his eyes shut and cradled the back of Louis' head, clutching the boy's thigh when he felt it curl around his hip. "I've got you, petal. I've got you."

Harry got up after one more kiss placed on Louis' wet and soft lips, resuming the responsibility to untie everyone in the room. He only slices through the tape at the back of Liam and Zayn's chairs where their arms were immobile. They could work themselves free from there on their own.