Chapter 44

*NARRATOR'S POV*

"I can't believe you're handcuffing me." Niall didn't resist when Edward grabbed his wrist and knocked it against the railing he was attaching the boy to.

Edward gave him a look to shut him up. His eyes were stained with bloody veins that struggled to carry blood to and fro the way they would if he wasn't torn apart inside. He tightened the cuff linked to the wall to inhumane confines until it guaranteed bruises on Niall's wrists.

Anne was still there, never having sat down once after her sons returned with a third person she didn't know. "Edward, is this necessary?"

"Yes!" Harry was most perturbed by his mother at this point in time and would blow his top off everytime she said something.

Edward shouldered past Anne and glared at her when she tried to touch him. He didn't want anyone who wasn't desired touching him ever. "Harry, did you call home?"

Home was still Middleston where Gerard is residing at their Manor. It always will be no matter how far away on the other side of the world they went. Harry was made to make contact with Gerard so that some information could be found out about Dexter's whereabouts.

Harry nodded and got close to crushing the empty water bottle in his hand. "He's looking."

Edward felt helpless when he heard that there was nothing more to do than wait. He listened to Niall's shifting for a round of thirty some odd seconds before making a fresh decision, a colder one that originated with the monster that took the reins of his mind.

He looked over to the uncomfortable hostage and how unaffected he looked by being here. Neither brother suspected that he would ever be, seeing as he's in the worst possible position in this scenario.

Edward wanted revenge for whatever happened to their petal. He knows there's a bold mark on the side of Louis' face wherever he is - the uncertainty killed him - and he was going to put a mark far worse on Niall to exact punishment. The ignition of something beastly awoke in his subconscious as Harry realised as well what his brother was thinking.

Harry brushed Edward's arm and spoke in his ear, two sets of eyes zeroed in on Niall. He was the more hands-on brother and would love the honour of performing any attack.

"Let me." He whispered to his elder twin, not changing the destination of his gaze.

Edward turned his head without the need to lower or heighten his eyes because of their identical features. He found comfort for a tiny bit of the ache in the broken cage of his heart when he kissed Harry, no other touch taken from him. His lips feel like ice on lava and that's partly what soothes a little bit of the burn in the voids they've recently developed.

"Not too much damage." Edward pulls away from the connection and finds it impossible to even render himself smiling so his attitude remains bleak.

"We'll get him back." Harry reassures his brother with as much effort as he can muster. His spirit is as dampened as Edward's is. "I know we will."

Edward fully turns away from all the intruding outsiders that are in their home. Their new home that they're supposed to be sharing with their darling petal. Now, that connection has been temporarily severed up until the moment they get that boy back.

It felt like a knife digging into their nervous system, paralysing their mental state but driving their physical form to disproportionate over-active functioning. One part worked ahead the other and the battle to maintain their opaque sanity became harder and harder.

"I know, brother." Edward frames Harry's right cheek and rests his forehead against the other's. "Have we ever felt this way before?"

They were a single system, two bodies mounted on one ghastly control to operate as one. What one felt, so did the other.