Chapter 9

Edward looks behind Louis out the small window put in place in their bathroom. "I did it because he's never known how to be happy. You can make him happy, petal."

"What about you?" Louis moves his thumb to the Adam's Apple on Edward's throat.

"We can share."

*NARRATOR'S POV*

Louis blinks away the sting of a hypothetical eye lash falling in his eye, and looks at Edward in disbelief. "Share?"

"Share." Edward confirms, a smirk curving the corner of his mouth so his dimple sinks partially on his pale cheek. "It shouldn't be unappealing to you."

"Oh really?" Louis crosses his arms, or at least tries to before Edward nails him against his chest.

Edward drags his lips across Louis' ear and it provides a starting point for all the right shivers. "Twice as much attention. Twice as much pleasure."

"Maybe that's not all I want." Louis turns his head with difficulty to look Edward in the eye, a casual clash of blue ice and green earth.

"What do you want?" The man taps the bandage around Louis' neck that's concealing the healing process of a scabbed bite mark. "Protection?" He laughed in a warm breath. "Warmth?" His arm extends around Louis to unplug the drain and stand. "Love, petal? Is that what you want?"

Louis knows he wants a lot more than what these brothers can offer in their broken glory to him. He tries to tell Edward this without needing to say a word, his eyes burning the message into the landscape of Edward's mind. His body is lifted out of the tub and a towel is wrapped around him.

"Give us a chance." Edward tucks the loose end of the thick white towel into a secured hook under Louis' arm. "Maybe the desire of two mad men will be enough for you."

"You're not a mad man." Louis points out quietly, studying Edward's reaction as it evolves.

The man smiles crookedly and touches his index to his lips in a motion to be silent about it. Edward takes Louis' hand, rolling the boy's smaller fingers between his own and leads him out of the bathroom. Harry is not in the bedroom but a vase is broken at his bed by the window.

"He can be a child at times." Edward speaks, switching on the light in their closet.

Louis thinks about the time Harry rocked back and forth on his bed in Briarville; the time he spent convincing Louis at the very same window that he did everything for them. He had an unsettled way about him and the nervousness of a child being rejected.

"Don't let him guilt you." Edward pulls off clothing from random hangers. "He is very passionate about everything he favours and now he favours you."

Edward gives Louis black joggers and a white T-shirt that's bound to flow for miles on his body shape. It feels soft anyway.

"What about you?" Louis slips the shirt on first after forgetting to dry himself. "You always speak about him."

Edward starts to remove his wet clothing at last after Louis imagines they've become soggy and awful. Their eyes never separate even when Edward is stark naked and standing inches away from him.

"Twice as passionate." Edward runs the tip of his nose up the column of Louis' throat and when the boy's eyelashes flutter before closing, let's the stickiness of his lips slide across Louis' without a kiss. "I'm all yours."

Louis' eyes fly open. "Mine?"

"All yours." Edward reinstates. "Why, petal, would you like me to belong to someone else?"