Chapter 31

Lips so good, I forget my name. I swear I could give you everything.

*NARRATOR'S POV*

"Louis' not answering his phone." Niall complained, dumping the device of his own onto the bed and crossing the room to their hotel room window.

Liam stood against the open window without a shirt on, letting the world get a glimpse of him in just really low-hanging grey slack. "His phone was taken as evidence, I believe."

"Evidence?" Niall slots himself under Liam's strong arm and sighs. He's always so comfortable here.

"From his mother's crime scene." Answered Liam, turning away from the window. "Last I remember, he doesn't have one right now."

"He's probably using one of the twins'." Niall supposes, the tranquillity of their little abode still maintained.

Zayn was asleep on the twin bed, on his front and snoring very softly. It's been approximately eighteenth months since he had a good night's sleep. It's been eighteen months since he felt safe enough to fall asleep.

"No one has their number." Liam shuts down Niall's hope before he can even ask. "I don't think even Louis did."

"Maybe he'll call." Niall reassures himself by rubbing his palm up and down Liam's chest. "I haven't seen him in days."

"Maybe they went somewhere?" Liam's face contorts even as he thinks of the possibility. "You don't think they....-"

"No." Niall shakes his head adamantly. "They'd never hurt him."

"Yeah you're right." Liam plants a kiss on the top of Niall's head. "Might just gut us all in our sleep but they'd never hurt a hair on his head."

"It's sad how true that is." Niall almost laughs. "You know he's the luckiest of us all, right?"

"How so?"

Niall ticked them off on his fingers as he spoke. "He's in love. Those two maniacs love him. He's doing his country a service by keeping them happy. Those bastards are so shady and they probably tell him every little thing. Not to mention-" Niall's dark eyebrows do an indecent wiggle. "-the sex."

Liam scoffs and squeezes Niall's countdown. "The sex can't be half as amazing as-"

"They're both crazy, Liam." Niall pokes Liam's chest. "They probably go at it like freakin' rabbits."

"Or they don't know how to even get it up."

"You really think that?" Niall teases. "I told you he's the luckiest bastard to ever walk the Earth."

"I-" Liam tilts Niall's head up close to his. "-disagree."

* * * * *

The cellar door is still wide open, thrown back on its hinges and leaving down into black matter. Only two narrow steps were visible from his vantage point, the rest disappearing below the darkness.
"Come down!" This time the voice spoke, it was Louis'.

"Get in the car." Edward is standing the doorway, managing to look formidable even with a blackening jaw. "Now."

"What? No!" Harry stands up in front of the cellar with his arms crossed. "We have to find Lou."

"He's not in here." Edward has to speak through gritted teeth because exercising the movement of his nearly caved-in jaw was excruciating.

"Fuck it. We're not leaving, Edward!"

Harry turned to look at the cellar again, down into its depths, so he didn't have to face his two-faced twin. He's staring down into the pit and many sounds, dozens of voices, start to fill his head. He can hear individual words as fleeting thoughts, some reminders. All hushed whispers and ultra sweet voices.