Chapter 26

In the middle of the night when the wolves come out, headed straight for your heart like a bullet in the dark.

*NARRATOR'S POV*

"They don't serve waffles." Louis says after a thorough inspection of the menu, twice over. "They really don't."

"I know." Harry amusedly replies, one of his legs folded on the seat with his arm over the back of Louis' seat beside him. "I still haven't gotten over it either, petal."

"Well why don't they serve waffles?" Louis does not find his question odd, but Edward finds it worthy of a laugh.

"It's not that grand of a deal, darlin'." He tells Louis, who rolls his eyes because it is as a matter of fact.

"Hi there." The waitress comes by with her lip-smacking gum and notepad when Harry puts his face in Louis' neck.

"Hi." Louis greets back, knowing that neither of the twins will. "Can we have waffles?"

Harry's laughing into Louis' shoulder, teeth biting the boy's shirt so his shoulders don't shake with the rhythm of it. Louis has a serious hopeful glint when he asks the kind waitress.

"Sure thing, sweetheart." She jots something down.

Louis all but announces the treachery when he's handing back all their menus despite only he having ordered. "Thank you."

When she's gone and the noise of the diner takes over again, Louis looks so confused by what just happened. Edward rips through tissues, three at a time and not stopping just so he has something to do with an object so fragile.

"So they serve waffles then?" Harry removes his chin from Louis' shoulder, pecking the boy's heated cheek before fully pulling away.

"Apparently." Louis fans himself with the place mat that was under his elbows.

Edward pauses his shredding process and meets Louis' eye, winking from behind the thin white covering. Louis could have blushed but it's too hot to tell.

"You know-" Harry suddenly says to them both, lacing his fingers together on the table. "-Dynasville will be having their Halloween festival this time of year."

"Oh yes." Edward sits straight up against the back of his booth chair. "What do you think, petal?"

Louis sets the mat back down and looks away from the people having a late breakfast, each of them from different places and circumstances. Nobody knew the twins and not a single person stared at Edward like he was an abomination.

"I don't have a costume." He replies, salivating when he sees the waitress coming over with their order.

He could clap when he sees that she brought them milkshakes without them asking, and decides now that she's getting a big ol' tip from him. They've all gotten waffles and a small selection of dessert sauces that comes in a tray.

"Thank you." He tells to her after she's dictated the order and left.

"Petal, I don't remember wanting waffles and milkshake." Edward tells to him, frowning at the plate before him.

"It's banana." Louis shrugs, pouting around his shake's straw.

"Regardless." He lifts his hand and calls the waitress back, reciting an order of bacon sausage and scrambled eggs.

Harry is taking up over half of the sofa seat that he and Louis share, the latter piling his knee on top of Harry's just so he doesn't have to risk falling over the edge. Harry finds this amusing and sometimes his left hand will gravitate towards Louis' knee, massaging the cap of it as he ate.