Four

Alan's POV

I was in a panic when I saw my grade report from my math teacher. I had a big, fat D+ in her class. I didn't understand I was great at math and I was failing.

I was trying to keep myself from crying because this was terrible. My mother was going to be so mad at me and I could stand her being mad at me.

I couldn't believe I let this happen to me. I couldn't believe I was actually failing a class. I was a failure, I wasn't going to get into any good colleges like this. I had to fix this. I didn't know how I was going to, but I had to.

I sighed, trying to keep myself from breaking down before I got home. My mom was going to be so angry. 

When my class ended I got up and ran to my locker, grabbing my things. What was she going to do? Oh god, what if my mom already knew?  I was a dead man.

I sniffled a little and wiped my eyes. I still couldn't believe.

"Alan? Are you okay?"

I jumped, "I'm fine Vic."

"You don't look fine. You look like you're about to start crying."

"I'm not gonna cry." I said wiping my eyes.

"Come with me," he said and took my arm.

"I have to g-get home."

"I'll give you a ride," he said.

"You don't have to do that."

"It's fine."

"You sure?"

"Very sure," he told me. "Kellin's in detention so you don't have to deal with him. I can h, tell that you're not a big fan of my best friend," Vic said with a laugh. "Which is understandable. He's a lot to take in."

"You really don't have to do this."

"I want to," he said with a smile.

"Okay."

"There we go, we're making progress!"

"Progress?"

"You're warming up to me!"

"Oh."

"Exactly," he said and dragged me out of the school.

"Why don't you ever leave me alone like everyone else?"

"Because, why would I want to?"

"Because it makes sense."

"No it doesn't. It doesn't make sense why anyone would want to leave you alone. I don't get it."

I shrugged not knowing what to say.

"Seriously, there's gotta be a reason."

"I had friends before I moved here."

"Really?"

"Yes really."

"Where are you from?"

"Uh Florida."

"Oh really? That's cool, I've always wanted to go there."

"It's hot and humid most of the time."

"That's what Kellin's told me but I need to experience it for myself."

"I kinda miss it and my friends and my dad," I said quietly.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he said. "Divorce? That's what happened with my parents."

"Sure... Divorce."

He nodded. "I get it, I live with my mom most of the time but in the summers I usually go live with my dad."