Nine

Kellin's POV

I groaned when Vic called me, already knowing what he was going to say as soon as I answered. He was probably going to tell me that Emily wanted to join us at the skatepark and then I was going to get pissed off.

"Hey Kells."

"Hey, let me guess. Emily."

"Yeah, she wants to go on a date. So, I was thinking we could just go to the skate park tomorrow."

"I can't tomorrow."

"Why not?" He asked and I could practically hear the frown in his voice.

"I have a date," I said.

"With who? Why haven't you told me!?"

"Brendon."

"Really!?"

"Yeah, we've been hooking up a few times lately and he wanted to take me out for ice cream."

"That's good?"

"Yeah, I guess. I mean I just wanted it to be some random fuck."

"But this is good for you then."

"I guess."

"It is. Well then we'll go another day, okay?"

"Maybe. If you don't ditch me for Emily," I mumbled and hung up.

He always ditched me for her.

"Ugh!" I groaned, throwing my phone. 

I can't believe he was doing this to me yet again. He just, it wasn't even worth it. He was being so ignorant. He couldn't even see past her stupid facade and it pissed me off.

I wish I could punch him. I wanted to knock some sense into him.  I really, really did.

I needed to get out of this damn house and get my mind off of him.  He wasn't worth wasting my time on right now. I grabbed my phone and skimmed through my contacts trying to find someone.

Who should it be?

I bit my lip. I didn't want to bother Austin again. I felt like I was turning into a nuisance.  I didn't want to be a nuisance to him and I knew he was getting annoyed with me. I was annoyed with me at this point.

I didn't know who to go to.

I bit my lip a little harder and pressed Alan's name. Maybe he'd be up for it.  I hoped he'd be up for it. I shot him a quick text asking if he was free.

I let out a relieved sigh when he said he was free. I asked him if he wanted to hang out and nervously waited for his response.  He texted me back saying he'd be up for something. I quickly grew tired of texting and just gave in and called him.

"Kellin, is everything okay?" Alan asked when he answered.

"Do you wanna go to the skatepark?"

"Sure, I don't know how, though."

"I can show you."

"I won't die will I?"

"No, I'll take good care of you."

"Okay good."

"And if I do somehow let you die, I give you full permission to haunt me."

"Even better."

"Or even let Austin beat me up, although, that might not work. He's a weenie."

"He's not a weenie."

I giggled. "Al, I've been best friends with him for like, ever. Trust me when I say he's a weenie."

"He's a cute weenie then."