Fourteen

Alan's POV

I was grounded, like mega grounded. I didn't have a phone or any form of communication with anyone. It was home and school that's it. My mom was pissed that I had gotten high and could barely stand to look at me. I even lied to her saying I got high with someone she'd never met before.

I didn't want to get seeing Austin or I guess Kellin to getting taken from me. And she'd kill Austin if she found out he was there.

I was currently sitting in one of my classes almost passed out. I was up all night studying for a big exam I had to take to be done with my math credits. To say I was exhausted would be an understatement.

"Alan!"

I jumped awake in my seat, "What?"

"What's the answer?"

"Uh your math is wrong." I said, "It can't be that."

"It's not wrong."

"Yes it is, you didn't carry the negative or divide by the four."

My teacher looked back at the equation and frowned. "Good call."

"Don't forget to round your answer, it should be 86.34 in the end." I yawned.

She nodded and redid the equation. "Make sure you're paying attention Mr. Ashby."

"I am, you obviously aren't."

"Mr. Ashby," she reprimanded.

"Sorry."

"That's enough."

I didn't say anymore throughout the class, besides correcting her mistakes every so often. Honestly, I didn't understand how she was still a teacher here. She could barely do any of the math.

The class eventually finished and I walked down the hall to my locker in a daze. I was so utterly exhausted. I wanted to go and sleep but I had to get through the day. I got to my locker and opened it up, almost having a heart attack when Vic showed up.

"Jesus!" I shouted holding my chest.

"What's wrong?"

"You almost gave me a heart attack."

"Oh sorry, what's up?"

"Nothing, you came over to me. What's up with you Vic?"

"Nothing."

"Okay then?" I said confusion lacing my voice.

"You okay?"

"I'm just tired, really what do you need?"

"Just wanted to talk, haven't spoken to you in awhile. You should go home and sleep."

"I can't."

"Why not?" He asked, cocking his head to the side.

"I'm already in trouble and I can't get in anymore."

"Oh. What happened?"

"I got high and went home high."

"Oh, let me guess- Kellin?" He asked.

"Well he supplied it but it was my idea."

"Wow. Hey um, this might be weird but how's he doing."

"Uh, he's okay. I don't really know he doesn't talk to me about stuff like that." I said and shrugged.

VIc sighed. "I miss him."

"Tell him, talk to him or something."

"I can't," Vic huffed. "Every time we talk he just wants to bad mouth Emily and it's his own fault I'm even dating her."