Chapter Eighteen

Kellin's POV

I felt hollow, after I had finished running errands with my dad, I remembered everything that had happened and I just wanted to sleep for a long, long, time. I'd skipped school for three days now but between Kailey and my father who had decided it was time to be a father I was being forced to go today.

"Kellin, seriously, you're in all black. What happened to moving on?" Kailey asked, driving us to school. "You look like you're in mourning."

"I am," I said monotonously. "I'm going job hunting today after school."

"In all black?"

"I'll change shirts."

"Promise? Besides you have to be happy and nice to get a job."

"I'll try my best, and yes, I promise." I looked out the window. "Eddie is supposed to be helping out now so let's just hope he keeps his promise."

"I hope so."

"Me too," I sighed as she parked in the parking lot and turned to look at me.

"Kells," she said, giving me her best concerned look.  "It's all going to be okay, if anyone tries to say something, I'll beat the shit out of them for you, got it?"

"Yeah sure."

"Don't let them get to you," she said. I ignored her and got out of the car and sluggishly walked to the school.

The halls were flooded as per usually and I just did my best to blend in. I didn't want to talk to anyone, didn't want to be around anyone. I just wanted to go home.  But I couldn't leave. I had to prove that I was moving on, even if I didn't want to. In the end this would hopefully be the best thing.

"Kellin! Hey," Justin shouted, running up behind me. "Where'd you go the other night?"

"I was busy, now leave me alone."

"You just left? Who even took you home?" He asked, wrapping an arm around me. "What's with the get up? You look like your dog just died."

"Justin get the fuck off me and get the fuck away from me!"

"Baby, what's wrong? I thought we had so much fun," he whined.

I pushed him off of me and into a locker, "Leave me the fuck alone."

"Jesus, you've turned into such a fucking prude."

"Great." 

"You used to be fun," he said before turning on his heel and leaving.

I rolled my eyes, fuck him. I shoved my hands in my pockets and continued to my locker. If I just kept quiet and kept my head down I'd be all good.  I would hopefully go as unnoticed today as possible.

"Kells, wait up!" Vic shouted behind me and I just started walking even faster.

I just had to keep walking and maybe he would give up. I didn't want to talk to him, or even fucking listen to him.  He was the last person I'd ever want to speak to.

"Kellin please, just talk to me," Vic whined.

I stopped and turned on my heel. "Leave me the fuck alone, Vic. You made your choice and I made mine. I'm not going to be stuck having to deal with your bitch of a girlfriend anymore. I just want to be left alone so just go the fuck away from me!"

"Kellin please."

"No, don't please me. I'm done!" I hissed and spun on my heel and left him alone in the hallway. I didn't want to listen to anything Vic had to say, I just wanted to be left alone.