Ten

Alan's POV

I had just finished another tutoring session with Kellin and was heading on home. I was really tired since I'd been up since 6am because I had to finishing doing a few things for college. I was working on getting in as early as I possibly could.

I really wanted to get into Harvard to study law.

"Hey," I heard Kellin say, driving up next to me as I walked down the street. "You want a ride?"

I looked over and smiled, "Sure, thank you." I said and got in his car.

"You should have told me earlier that you needed a ride," he said, driving one more.

"I didn't want to be a bother."

"You're never a bother," he told me.

I shrugged and looked out the window.

"I'm serious."

"Serious about what?"

"You're not a bother to me," he said sweetly.

"Oh, thank you. You don't bother me either, sorry if you ever thought that or thought I didn't like you. I didn't mean to mean when I have been."

"It's fine. I don't think anyone's really my fan to be honest."

"I am and I know Austin is."

Kellin shrugged and didn't say anything.

"Sorry, did I do something wrong?" I asked.

"No, you didn't do anything," he said.

"Okay."

"How's your day been?"

"I'm really tired."

"Oh, I'm sorry. We're almost to your place," he said.

"It's okay. I just had to get up earlier today."

"I understand, I have to get up at like four every morning to get shit done," he laughed.

"Why that early?" 

"Because I have to make sure I'm ready for the day and then I've to get all of my siblings up and, if they're home, help my parents get their shit together."

"How many siblings do you have?"

"Four, two little sisters and two little brothers."

"That's a lot of kids."

"Well, Kailey is sixteen and Hudson's thirteen. It's mainly Harper and Dev who are a mess in the morning. But like, I have to get Kailey up early so she can get her shit done without making us late."

"At least they're all not too young."

He nodded. "Yeah, if they were all six like Dev I'd probably kill myself."

"That would be a lot to handle."

"Oh yeah, what about you?" He asked. "Do you have any siblings?"

"No, just me."

"Lucky," I laughed. "I wish my parents stopped after me."

"I kinda wish I could have a sibling. It's kinda lonely."

"Why don't you tell your parents that?"

"They can't."

"Oh," he said and stopped for a second. "Oh! Al, are you adopted? So like, your parents can't have kids? If you want, you can totally have one of mine."

I laughed, "No I'm not adopted, my dad's in prison. I mean they were planning to have another one but things got complicated."

"Oh, sorry, I probably shouldn't have pushed."